Photo by Melody

Perennials: Baa picture (Gladiolus)

Communities > Forums > Perennials

In reply to: Gladiolus

Forum: Perennials

Baa wrote:
Can someone whose never been to Lincolnshire join in *G*

Beautiful piccie Mark!

I also have an interest in S. African bulbous plants (and all things which congregate rightly or wrongly under that group), well actually bulbous plants in general and plants from S. America and S. hemishpere and European plants and far East, Asia and errrm I'm sure you understand what I mean.

I've all too many seed to sow this year and several Glad species, which are you growing Wallaby?

G. illyricus has it's last foothold in the UK right here in the New Forest however finding it in the wild is another matter. I spend weeks searching but it flowers under the bracken canopy and is so hard to spot. G. communis subsp. byzantinus is naturalised in some parts here as well.

I don't know if you are aware, if you are familair with The African Garden then maybe you are but there is a small group in the UK dedicated to S.A. bulbs. I'm still yet to fill in the form but if you want details you can find them under resources on Terry Smale's site.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America