Photo by Melody
It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Specialty Gardening: plantladylin picture (Cleaning Aquarium)

Communities > Forums > Specialty Gardening

Image Copyright plantladylin

In reply to: Cleaning Aquarium

Forum: Specialty Gardening

Photo of Cleaning Aquarium
plantladylin wrote:
I agree that just rinsing real well since you've already scrubbed with cleaners should be okay for planting. I'm amazed that you were able to get the grimy stuff completely off the glass. I tried once to get all that build up off a previously used aquarium and never could get the glass clear ... tried everything I could think of including straight vinegar and windex ... the film just never came off. So, last year hubby gave me a 10 gal aquarium kit from Wal-Mart that had the hood and light included. I just have a little bit of everything stuck in there right now. A little fern, an episcia, jewel orchid, fittonia and bits and pieces of other things. I plan on taking it apart in the spring, cleaning it thoroughly and replanting it but haven't decided yet what with!

Here's a pic from a couple of months ago. I had to take out the large fittonia in the back left and the large birds nest fern in the back right because they were actually touching the top and the light.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America