Photo by Melody
It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Alternative Gardening: randbponder picture (Would someone be kind enough to post pictures?)

Communities > Forums > Alternative Gardening

Image Copyright randbponder

In reply to: Would someone be kind enough to post pictures?

Forum: Alternative Gardening

Photo of Would someone be kind enough to post pictures?
randbponder wrote:
Jeanette; I tried to send pics of the cut out I made for the tank. but some how I goofed again. I couldn't get to them with the browse button. so you have an Email.
The friends who sent the order in for me are Gary and Tami. Gary runs the restaurant. and I help him with a lot of projects. The last one was replacing a very leaky faucet for their bath tub. and in doing so I got the spigot that has the shut off on it for a hand held shower head for rinsing her hair. I am thinking that it was her way of saying thanks.
It was more like my wish list. I probably would have crossed off 2 or 3 of the trees. but they paid for the whole order. and sent it in for me.
She knows I take garden produce to some of the older ones who can no longer garden. and have even brought stuff to their place.
I had thought the way she asked to see the catalog she just wanted to add some thing to the list to save on shipping. Not to pay for the order.

I moved my seed tray to get some sun through a window. as I have a lot of work to do in changing the kitchen around before I bring in the plant stand. Hopefully the tomatoes will sprout soon and get around 2 to 3 inches tall before I transplant them to the fish tank, mesh tubs.

Leana said something a while back that she was going to go with her dad , I can't remember for sure but it may have been to Germany. She said something about having someone to watch the garden. But you are right it's been a while. Maybe her helper is eating all the tomatoes LOL

The temp is really dropping tonight, it was up to 14 during the day but is now down to 2 and I don't mean centigrade; no warm up untill towards the end of the week. Oh well. another 105 days. I will be working all the compost into the garden that I will use for the root crops. I probably won't have much planted before the IARU in Cedar Rapids. which is nearly across the state from here. I have some plants promised to exchange there with other DGers. It will be a fun weekend. Probably the only time we will go very far this summer. I am planning on getting some chickens this spring. and have them pened up down below the garden to get first shot at the bugs, especially the grasshoppers. They always seem to come from that direction. Hope that will help. I know it will help when they get big enough.

Gail There are a lot of great pics through the straw bale forums. but I will try find one or two of mine.
These rows are too close together as the walk way between the rows got full of tomato vines after they slumped over from the top of the cattle panels. At the lower end I had some white potatoes between the two rows of bales.
This next summer I will pay closer attention to pruning them and not let them get so long.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America