Photo by Melody

Beauty and Fashion Tips: Bhavana34 picture (Body Lotion)

Communities > Forums > Beauty and Fashion Tips

In reply to: Body Lotion

Forum: Beauty and Fashion Tips

Bhavana34 wrote:
I just have to jump in here....I always used body lotion, because my skin has always felt dry and sometimes flaky and itchy, especially in the winter. However, I finally realized that it was the harsh detergent based shower gels that I used that were causing the problem. And I am talking about all of them, including the ones that say they are extra moisturizing for dry skin. They all contain the same detergents, and the chemicals are harsh!!

Someone gave me a bar of natural soap, and I've bought a few bars at Whole Foods and at health food stores. There are thousands of natural soap companies online too, and they come in awesome scents with awesome ingredients and no chemicals or harsh detergents. Most of them are made with olive oil, jojoba oil, and shea or cocoa butter. Since I started washing and shaving with these soaps, I no longer need to buy body lotions. Occasionally I wear a scented one just to smell good, and of course sunscreen if I need it, but there is no more dry skin, no more waiting for lotion to sink in before I can dress, etc. I also now use the olive oil bars to wash my hair and don't need as much conditioner anymore either.

My point is, you may not have dry skin or need lotion, you may just be drying it out with the products you use.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America