Photo by Melody
It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Organic Gardening: docgipe picture (What should I do with my old tomatoe plant?)

Communities > Forums > Organic Gardening

In reply to: What should I do with my old tomatoe plant?

Forum: Organic Gardening

docgipe wrote:
Fifty years gardening...........49 years tomato vines went into my compost that rarely heated to the suggested 130 degrees....maybe never. The other year is this year's crops not adversly affected by the use of my compost. All spore of all fungi per any given geographical area are already in all of that area's soils and composts.

A ballanced good healthy soil will hold all matters and things in ballance yielding no problems of concern.

Please understand that an area with common deposit sites and compost grinding or mixing machinery accept all of the plant waste and all of it is used. That compost then is brought back to many yards and gardens. Do they do anything special? Absolutely not in fact management may be a little less than excellent. Given the proper time it all rots.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America