Photo by Melody

Ohio River Valley Gardening: gardenwife picture (ORVG COFFEE HOUSE # 150 - What is with this Weather???)

Communities > Forums > Ohio River Valley Gardening

In reply to: ORVG COFFEE HOUSE # 150 - What is with this Weather???

Forum: Ohio River Valley Gardening

gardenwife wrote:
Bonnie, I must chime in with the others and suggest you look into info bon fibromyalgia. My doctor diagnosed me with that after the wreck and it sounds so similar to what you describe. My doctor said that people with fibro feel pain more intensely, like the volume control's out of whack. It can also make it harder for you to heal up from sprains, strains, and other injuries.

I've not been posting much as I am still in a lot of pain. It is manageable with the percocet if I take it round the clock, just pretty dicey in the hour where it wears off and the next dose isn't kicking in. I know the fibro complicates matters as I have a lot of muscle spasms going on even with the muscle relaxer.

It still hurts from throat to deep into my chest when I swallow, something I've now learned is common, along with a lot of belching as gas/air get caught in my esophagus with swallowing. I really hope those issues go away. I'm still hoarse, too. This is definitely not easier than the shoulder surgery was, probably since the shoulder itself is not healed yet and I've had to discontinue the anti-inflammatories that relieved it.

The biggest annoyance is I can't stretch my neck muscles since I am not allowed to tip my head chin-to-chest or look up towared the ceiling, and those are the stretches I would so like to do for some relief.

It was good to get out for that hour yesterday, though, and today I'm sitting outside while it's nice out. Howie's gone to a hockey game with his brothers.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America