Photo by Melody

Ohio River Valley Gardening: darius picture (ORVG COFFEE HOUSE # 150 - What is with this Weather???)

Communities > Forums > Ohio River Valley Gardening

In reply to: ORVG COFFEE HOUSE # 150 - What is with this Weather???

Forum: Ohio River Valley Gardening

darius wrote:
Pat, nice photo! They are cute, and so are you. :) When I lived in Asheville, a friend had a huge clivia that she would bring up from the cool basement when it bloomed. It was stunning, probably had 30 flowers on it.

I have looked for one (unsuccessfully) for the last 2 years, as a thank you for the DG lady who gives me a place to sleep when I go see my doctors up in Charlottesville. Lowe's and HD used to have them once in a while in their houseplants' section but not around here. Several years ago White Flower Farm had the new (and gorgeous!) pure yellow one on their catalog cover; it was a mere $300.00!

It rained enough overnight that the creek is muddy, and the temps are already starting to drop. Howling winds awakened me about 5 am but it's calm right now. They have raised our forecast low by 2 for tonight and tomorrow night, but it will still get down to about 22 right here in my garden. I sure hope this is the last gasp of winter.

I have a friend who will take me to pick up some cattle panels today. They are 16' long, too long to carry them in my truck. The price has gone up 25% since I bought them the last time. Yuck.

I am appropriately stiff and sore this morning, and the weather probably won't let me work outside to limber up the kinks.

Off to get more coffee... Ta, ta

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America