Photo by Melody
It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Canadian Gardening: Lilypon picture (The joys of veggie gardening at a community plot)

Communities > Forums > Canadian Gardening

In reply to: The joys of veggie gardening at a community plot

Forum: Canadian Gardening

Lilypon wrote:
Lovely looking tomatoes Donna and I'm sure very tasty! Sun Gold is truly a fave of mine but this year Sweet Gold caught my eye (am always willing to try something new and it was pretty darned good too).

Sally I'm pleased to meet another community gardener! :D Like you I've found what's been grown by others at the plots is truly fascinating (and sometimes strange ;). Though with my gardening practices I know many think that of me too (I shade my plants for at least a week after planting out.....this year they were hardened off, brought back in, and softened so many times I sure didn't want to take a chance they'd get burned (boy did my garden ever get lots of funny looks). ;D Re the new arrivals it truly has been a lot of fun to meet them. Our base attracts pilots and families from other countries but they aren't as involved as immigrants that have come here on their own. At one time everyone here was an immigrant (and from many different countries) but up til a short while ago it was just their great grandchildren living here and all had become sadly accustomed to growing, more or less, all the same plants.

This message was edited Oct 7, 2009 9:10 PM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America