Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: pinky100 picture (Medicaare Yippee)

Communities > Forums > Accessible Gardening

In reply to: Medicaare Yippee

Forum: Accessible Gardening

pinky100 wrote:
76summerwind's
We should move to Canada. My daughter has cerebral palsy and in a wheelchair. She is a quadriplegic. She went into the hospital for a surgery 2 years ago. The doc was installing a feeding tube and also a stomach wrap. My daughter ended up with 7 different operating room infections. Her lung had collapsed and she was in ICU for 5 weeks. We almost lost her. Her bills exceeded Shirley’s and crippled children’s covered them all. We were so lucky to have our daughter pull through. Now we are being told when our daughter reaches the age of 21 we loose all of her doctors and will have to find new ones that accept Medicare/Medicaid. I have checked into the doctors that take those programs and they are far a few between. My daughter has had numerous radical bone surgeries that most doctors have never seen before. Hip reconstruction and so on. My fear is that we will not find a doctor qualified for the intense care that my daughter will be in need of. Man what a dilemma.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America