Photo by Melody

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: hcmcdole picture (Water rooting leaves and rooting in perlite)

Communities > Forums > Tropicals & Tender Perennials

Image Copyright hcmcdole

In reply to: Water rooting leaves and rooting in perlite

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

Photo of Water rooting leaves and rooting in perlite
hcmcdole wrote:
What is a reddie freedie? Is that Red Fred?

I've gotten Texas Red Star a couple of times - eBay, annual club sales, etc. This one is from Harmony from last summer as most of the other ones are too. I think I figured out what it likes and doesn't so hopefully I can keep it going plus propagate a few along the way.

Anyway, here is a pan of starts - my trouble begonia was Lotusland since it is so large and succulent. Out of a few leaves of it I got exactly one to throw up pups. Most of the other leaves are U357 since I cut each and every one of them off the mother plant due to looking ugly (probably from mildew before I had Milstop). Most have taken within a week or two. The other leaves are Plum Gorgeous (one) and a few George Fewkes. I have several holes poked in the bottom and use an identical pan for a drip tray. I only water the drip tray by adding a small level of water to it. The humidity cover is a Jiffy Grow lid and does not completely cover this large pan but just enough to keep the humidity up.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America