Photo by Melody

Beginner Gardening: akrandi picture (My yellow squash is rotting before maturing)

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening

In reply to: My yellow squash is rotting before maturing

Forum: Beginner Gardening

akrandi wrote:
I was also fighting with my yellow squash rotting at the end this summer, they would get 3" - 4" long and start to go bad. My zucchini was right next to it and I got tons of them, no rot on any of them. I don't think it was a pollination problem since there was a bee nest just 20ft away from the garden again this year, and yep they were all over the garden. I also did hand pollination, so I am fairly sure that it wasn't a pollination issue.
My Zucchini didn't rot at all and they were in the same bed could it still be a calcium issue? I just found out a couple weeks ago that I have very high arsenic in my ground water, (thank goodness for the amount of rain this summer, I didn't have to water hardly at all) could it be that the yellow squash is more sensitive too (going to call it poisoning, not sure how else to explain it) poisoning?

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America