Photo by Melody

Beginner Gardening: TriniStar picture (Newbie with NO idea!!)

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening

Image Copyright TriniStar

In reply to: Newbie with NO idea!!

Forum: Beginner Gardening

Photo of Newbie with NO idea!!
TriniStar wrote:
Ya know, I'm starting to think I am a horrible "Googler", LOL! So thanks for the links.

I purchased 2) Golden Globe Arborvitaes because of the height. I decided to give up my search for a cone shaped shrub that stays under 6ft. I will plant Azaleas instead.

I've only seen pictures of Azaleas online and they usually show up close pictures or small plants, so I really didn't think anything of it till recently... I noticed some houses with these beautiful vibrant colored shrubs (even hedge like looking) and I stopped to ask someone the name and they told me they were Azalea's! These shrubs are AMAZING and I'm so glad I got to see them in person or else I would've never thought to get them!

I planted my roses in the back yard, but one of them is not growing. JFK Hybrid Tea just has the stems sticking out of the ground and no leaves. The others (Mister Lincoln Hybrid Tea, Gemini Hybrid Tea and Sweetness Grandflora) have beautiful foliage and is growing, but no blooms. Do I have to wait till next year to see blooms?

Here is a pic of the Golden Globes I've Purchased. After they get delivered this weekend, I will post pictures.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America