Photo by Melody

Rural Gardening: darius picture (Starting Feb, post your sowing, planting and results here)

Communities > Forums > Rural Gardening

In reply to: Starting Feb, post your sowing, planting and results here

Forum: Rural Gardening

darius wrote:
The Florence fennel I started Feb. 13 are growing their first true leaves, but I am losing some of them to damping off disease. I might try transplanting them to individual pots with clean, new soil mix today.

The ceremonial white sage (Feb. 7th) decided to sprout a few more seeds (4 out of 6 seeds sprouted) and I lost one to damping off. The culinary sage (Feb. 7) is getting true leaves (and a little damping off also) and need transplanting to individual pots, but the only good time by Maria Thun's calendar is next Tuesday from 8am-1pm EST.

By the way Evelyn, you asked me some time back about transplanting dates vs. sowing dates. I missed it at first, but if you look at the photo of Feb dates that drthor posted on another thread, there's a tall vertical green bar at the left of the colored bars for fruit, leaf, and roots. It shows the best Northern hemisphere transplanting times during each month for each type. It's not all month. On my page of that calendar, the best transplanting times for March stop several days after the full moon (full moon was 3/8 and transplant times end 3/12 - 3/13). They begin again 3/29.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America