Photo by Melody
It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Fruits and Nuts: Aslan89 picture (Cherry of the Rio Grande?)

Communities > Forums > Fruits and Nuts

In reply to: Cherry of the Rio Grande?

Forum: Fruits and Nuts

Aslan89 wrote:
Well its been less than a year and my cherry of the rio grande tree is blooming :) I had it potted for several months and now have had it in the ground for about 2 months I think.

I ended up ordering from pine island. The shipping is expensive but you get a perfect and healthy specimen for your money. Anyways, as of late its been looking a little sick. I was concerned the pH of our soil was too high so I used a little sulfur to help but it has still lost a considerable amount of leaves from 2 months ago while it was potted. Perhaps the better drainage of the pot was more to its liking. The leaves do not look as glossy and dark green as they once were as well but they are not yellowing like a gardenia does. They just look... different. Oh well, maybe it just got too dry between waterings.

It's has also been hitting upper 90's for the last two weeks while its been blooming so maybe it is just stressed out.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America