Photo by Melody
It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Garden Pests and Diseases: ecrane3 picture (Ants all over my mint)

Communities > Forums > Garden Pests and Diseases

In reply to: Ants all over my mint

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

ecrane3 wrote:
I don't like to use chemicals at all in my garden, so I manage aphids with a strong blast from the hose, repeated every day or two until they go away. You could also use insecticidal soap or pretty much any pesticide that you want. Aphids are easy to kill because they're soft-bodied, but they can be hard to get rid of because they reproduce very quickly. If you miss even one or two and then don't look at the plant for a week, you'll find your infestation is back. So no matter what method of control you decide to use, you need to stay on top of it and repeat fairly frequently until you're sure they are gone. There's no need to cut off the infested branches, and even though you've done that I'd still do the blasting with the hose or spraying with your pesticide of choice because otherwise the ones that are left on the less infested branches will just keep multiplying and soon those other branches will be just as bad.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America