Photo by Melody
It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Florida Gardening: BonnieGardens picture (My miniature Florida Gardens. Paleontology Park)

Communities > Forums > Florida Gardening

In reply to: My miniature Florida Gardens. Paleontology Park

Forum: Florida Gardening

BonnieGardens wrote:
Holy cow if I had to pay for water I certainly wouldn't have as much as I have planted plus 2 ponds that need toping off from evaporation. I'm hoping we get some rain come spring. Fromt yard is 350 feet wide and all needs water as it has shrubs and flower plants. Of course we always pray for rain for our pasture as its more important the cows have grass to eat. Cow pellets and hay isn't cheap. When grass is thick and green is only time we can stop feeding. We usually only keep about 8 cows at any given time but its still around $4,000. a year to feed them. They do keep our taxes down, feed us and we sell a couple so that $ is saved for hay. They are my husbs. babies and he would never part with them. Plus they keep pasture well mowed. Been here 43 years and couldn't picture this place without them.

Watch the round up forum for more info. on upcoming RU April 13, 2013.
Bonnie

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America