Photo by Melody

Computer Talk: grob picture (windows 8 )

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk

In reply to: windows 8

Forum: Computer Talk

grob wrote:
I've used W8 for about a month. The initial adjustment is the greatest. No longer is the start/off button in the lower left, etc. You have to take your mouse and go to the far right margin and out pops a variety of options including a list of your programs/applications that you can click on, settings, devices, etc.
In this far right list of stuff, you click on the Settings title which brings up an option called Power which you click on and then you select to turn off the computer -just an example. In the list of programs or applications, fortunately, there's a Search box because Microsoft didn't bother to have anything to click on to get to the Control Panel. It's this initial shock that I experienced that was a bit confusing, but, actually, I adapted quite readily. One thing I don't like is that if I'm on a website and the website has a column of options on the far right, too often the W8 list of applications pops out instead of me being able to click on something at the website. My Office 2010 works well. I would buy additional/better software for burning disks, if you do that. I had no difficulty in adding a new 4-in-1 printer. I did have problems with my email due to a conflict between W8 and my internet service provider which the service provider quickly fixed. My old computer had crashed so I was really forced to buy a new PC and of course it automatically came with Windows 8. If the computer had not failed, I would still be using XP since it was great. This is my opinion and insight and hope it helps. I wouldn't change or switch to W8 just for the sake of changing to the newest.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America