Photo by Melody
It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Vegetable Gardening: flsusie picture (New to Growing Eggplants)

Communities > Forums > Vegetable Gardening

In reply to: New to Growing Eggplants

Forum: Vegetable Gardening

flsusie wrote:
My Hansels from last last season were brought in on cold nights (there wasn't many this year) also and haven't stopped producing. I used an EB and Tapla's 5-1-1 mix with a little more peat for wicking and 2 gal. of good compost. I feed every 2 weeks w/ miracle grow and in april I worked 1/4 cup each of trace elements and time released fert. into the top of the soil since it had been a year since planting. Eggplant and okra are 2 of my favorite veggies to grow not only for taste but also because you plant once and harvest all season from the same plants instead of having to replant every few weeks to have a steady supply although I've never had plants last this long and do this well. But then I'd never tried Tapla's mix and protecting from the cold before either. Is it the new varieties, new growing methods or a combination of both? GYMGIRL , I think we need to pay close attetion to just how long our plants do produce and the quality of the fruit as the plants get older. I planted a white one last month just in case this one starts going downhill. If it doesn't I guess I'll have lots to share.

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America