Photo by Melody
It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Vegetable Gardening: gardadore picture (New to Growing Eggplants)

Communities > Forums > Vegetable Gardening

In reply to: New to Growing Eggplants

Forum: Vegetable Gardening

gardadore wrote:
I know what you mean about the "wham" factor! Eventually the critters tell all their friends about the good deals available in our gardens!

I have heard about using the silver plastic mesh but so far I have little trouble since I use the remay and the mosquito netting.

The new tent I bought last fall seems to have a stronger mesh than the one I got 3 years ago. I even had trouble working my wire through it to tie the end to my poles so that is a good sign. It seems that after a season the mesh begins to dry out and get more brittle. Then it is easier to put your hand through it! I do take them down each fall but they clearly have a limited life span!

I think we bother with all this because organic store bought food is very expensive. If I wanted an easier route I wouldn't grow organic veggies at all and just go with the regular stuff. But this TASTES so much better and I bet on it extending my life!! I guess we will have to plan on "sharing" each year with the critters and be grateful for what we do harvest.

I am also growing the lemon cucumber again this year. I ran out of seeds a few years ago and finally replaced them. They are delicious!

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America