Photo by Melody

Vegetable Gardening: gardadore picture (New to Growing Eggplants)

Communities > Forums > Vegetable Gardening

In reply to: New to Growing Eggplants

Forum: Vegetable Gardening

gardadore wrote:
I have grown all the eggplants mentioned thus far except Fairy Tale, which I have read is very good if a smaller variety. I grew Hansel and Gretl last summer but decided to stay with the larger round or long ones. Rita, I think you will really love the Rosa Bianca. I have Turkish neighbors who grow tons of eggplant for their wonderful dishes and the one year I gave them some of my seedlings they said the Rosa Bianca was the best! I never got the quantity they did, but I am not as expert at growing them as they seem to be!
This summer I am growing 12 varieties (29 plants) - the new one for me in the list is Ukrainian Beauty. Here is what I am growing:
Applegreen, Black King, Casper (white variety), Dairyu-Big Dragon (my favorite - large and prolific), Diamond, Enorma, Farmer's Long, Japanese Millionaire, Louisiana Long Green, Ping-Tung Long, Rosa Bianca, and Ukrainian Beauty. I will put 6 different ones in my new tent to see how they produce with no pollination and deter the flea beetles. The rest will go in EarthBoxes, Coir Bags, or Straw Bales. Tomorrow will be a busy day despite this heat wave!

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Hope for America