CLOSED: AYANKEECAT Pass Along Box Of Plants For A Newbie

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Hello everyone.

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Blonde, did you post about getting a box? You deleted your post, so wasn't sure. I don't know where it stopped at, but I could send you one to kick it off again. JLMK

Hi CJ ;)

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi Cannagirl,

Cue_chik was that last person to recieved a surprise box. I wonder what was inside of her box of goodies?

cj

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Hey cue, got to digging today & by the time I was done I was knee deep in dirt & was too late to go to P.O. I don't know what got into me, was way too hot to be digging like that! Anyways, just some last minute packing before the P.O. visit tomorrow & they will be on thier way to you. I hope you will like them :)

ants

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

what do we grow in marietta? where is it? you know i am originally from miss. i lived between meridian and philadelphia on highway 19. across from a beer joint. the only one in 3 counties. ed's beer joint. ever been there? lol.

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Hello everyone

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Ok, CJ.. I will keep an eye out for it :).. and thanks!

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Hey cue got your box sent today. Here is your confirmation #: 0308 2690 0002 2666 6011 Hope you enjoy the plants!

ants

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

Hola ya'll = just lurkin in the shade oon this hot hot
hot day!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

got my surprise box today! I GOT canna, lily, sedum, hibiscus, sweet potato vine and spider plant. sadly, the sweet potato and hibi did not survive the trip... musta been too hot cuz the box was extremely warm to the touch :(, but thats ok, the rest are now outta box and in ground soaking up some much needed water. thanks so much... lovely box o' plants!

now, I know I am supposed to pay it forward, however, due to the extreme heat here and possible loss of plants, I will not send a box at this time... I will when the weather is a bit cooler and it is safer to ship young plants and cuttings...so when it's closer to the time, I'll post for the next person to get a box o' plants :)

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

must confess tho, wasnt sure which way was up on the canna...LOL, so kinda just am winging it and hope I did it right!!!

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Hey cue, you are welcome. Sorry the hibiscus & sweet potato vine did not make it :( Maybe if you let them sit in water for a few days with a plastic bag over them to keep moisture in would revive them? Or are they way past that? I was worried when I saw they were taking so long to get there. I may be able to resend those plants to you later when it is cooler, depending on how they do for me.

I left a little part of the canna sticking out & that is the part that should be pointed up. If you have any other questions you can Dmail me :)

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

its ok... I am going to try to revive the two that are gonners.. will see how it goes.

I kinda thought that might be the tip of the canna, so I went with it and left that part just above the soil level and gave everything a good drink...

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Let me know if you get those 2 revived or not. They seem like delicate plants, but both can be surprisingly tough :)

ants

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I don't know if I classify as a newbie anymore, but would love to give a good home to some plants and then be able to participate in the sharing. I just don't have many plants yet .
something I do have though is about 160 beautiful assorted Glads that I got in a co-op an then didn't plant due to having voles really bad. The glada are still firm and healthy. I would love for them to have a good home maybe for trade or postage, but I just hate to leave them until they wither up and die. Many beautiful colors in groups of 5's and a few 10's

~Sheri

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ok... September, i will be sending out a box o' plants.. and since Sheri would like to participate, I'll be sending it to her.. so she can 'Pay It Forward'! It should be cooler by then and less likely to lose any babies in shipping.

Me? oh goodie, goodie!! ^_^ and I will be looking for things to pass along in my box to the next person!!
Are these supposed to be a mix of indoor and outdoor plants??

I am so excited and doing the happy dance *^_^*

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

they can be whatever you wish to fill the box with really.. indoor, outdoor, combination of both.

Yes, I scrolled up to the top and saw how this was started with an assortment. Oh.. DG people are such fun!! ^_^ I am so glad that we can start sharing again but there are still plenty of hot days coming!!

I have another question: How can somebody join and not be a subscriber? I am confused. If a name says 'joined _/_/_', but when you click on their name is says "not a subscriber" ..are they a member or what? Most peoples pages show when they joined and when the membership expires.....guess I must still qualify as a newbie if I don't know this.....

BirdieBlue

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

subscriber = Paid membership.. there are two levels..basic member and subscriber.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Ants - both the hibiscus and sweet potato bounced back :) I was for sure they were gonners as the SP lost every leaf, but it sprouted new not long after

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Hey Cue. Glad to hear they both made it :) I really felt bad about them arriving so sad because I really thought you might like those two best. Hope everything else is growing well for you.

Ants

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

i forgot what the hibiscus was...lol. what was the name of it again?

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

I'll send out another box in Oct. Who is next in line after the person BirdieBlue plans on sending a pass along box to?

These will mostly be tropical plants, so if you live in colder zones please keep that in mind.

Box will include:

banana
colocasia
coleus
alocasia
syngonium
turtle vine
iris
canna
canna banana
ginger
other odd & ends
some houseplants

Thumbnail by cannagirl
DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Birdieblue, No one should join this pass along unless they are a paid member on DG. I haven't been checking, but maybe before shipping your pass along box everyone should check person's membership status.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I wouldn't mind being the next newbie to receive some plants. October is perfect planting weather here in the desert.

Kelly

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

You got it Kelly if no one has a post ahead of whoever BirdieBlue is sending her pass along box to.

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Oh, Kelly! Way to go. Then put me next and put in the Bat plant lol! How ironic that I click on this and you are on this post too. This is too funny!

Connie

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks cannagirl. I'll be waiting with bated breath to see if I'm your girl - lol.

Hiya Connie! Us Kelly Twins kinda get around (the forums, that is . . . )!

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

I see that

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Lol Kelly.....Are you two really twins? That is too cute!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

We're not really twins, but it took a long time for some folks to figure that out (wink wink mekos)...

We're both Kelly and Robin (arejay59) started calling us the Kelly Twins since we seem to strike at the same time - lol. I'm the good twin and she's the, um, not so good? twin . . . Just kidding cue!

Harrison Valley, PA(Zone 5a)

Wow...you guys are great! To me, this is what its all about.....sharing!

Who am I sending to? I thought the next person woould jump up and down waving after I received mine.
I had checked to see if anyone got missed, though and that is why I asked my question earlier about the member status.

Sooooooooooo.......I'll post when I get my box and am ready to pass along. OK??

Anybody up North that tropicals wouldn't work well would be good for me to send to, as I wont have outdoor trops in mine! Well, maybe a couple that you can pull into the house or basement ^_^

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

lol.. I would be the 'Evil Twin'...he he he

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yup - that's her . . .

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

cue, I posted a pic for youof the african mask bloom on the auction thread

Connie

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

saw it.. its purrrdy :) thanks for posting it

cannagirl - only paid subscribers can access the 'Plant Trading Forum' anyway, so we are safe there :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.