CLOSED: AYANKEECAT Pass Along Box Of Plants For A Newbie

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Lol, you "twins" are a hoot!

Birdie, I'll re-read this thread to see if someone was over-looked.

Thanks Cue....that's what I thought, but wasn't real sure.

Just done a quick read of this thread......Did LaJeanne, Blondhavmofun get/want a box?

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

I asked cause there was someone I thought got overlooked whose "profile" showed a dat joined, but no end of subscription date.

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Birdieblue.

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Yes, that's me with my little hand waving wildly in the air. I am in Zone 9b so, if you ever have a need to pass a long a tropical box, I am sub-tropical as you can get 20 minutes north of Brownsville, Texas. I do have to be honest here though before you decide if I am eligible for a "newbie" box. I discovered I actually signed up for Daves garden 21 April 2006...this was about the time I was dx'd with early on set Parkinson's and because of all the happenings around that I guess I forgot all about Dave's Garden until Medication, therapy and the ring on my (place we don't mention in polite company) from my pity pot got sore enough...lol...got me back up and gardening again...of course...This new revelation (spelling doesn't count without spell check) came this April when I stumbled upon Dave's Garden again and they told me I was already a member and I finally became a paying member...lol...Anyway since then...I have moved from the high dessert of Utah to the Humidity of the Sub-tropic...Zone 5 to 9b...Been dx'd with Parkinson's...my DH has changed Jobs...been hit Squarely by huricane Dolly...lived though the worst Temps in This part since the 1800's and the worst Drought since...1887...lol...(now close your eyes and picture- if it wasn't blow down, up rooted or beaten by the direct hit from Dolly it has be toasted. NOW I decide it's a good time to garden...lol...anyway...if you would concider me a newbie and put me on the list I would be most greatful...hugs...Jamie

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

jamie.. no worries... Im sure some of us can scrounge up enough seed to get ya going! do you have a want list? if so, I'll take a look and see if i have anything on it.. if not... what are your interests?

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Cue,

You're everywhere! You're everywhere! LoL! I sent you a reply to your email and thank you for being so sweet and thoughtful. What am I looking for...well to start from scratch here in 9b...lol... I am now starting my vegitable garden as far as seeds go...this is a year round planting areas (except June and July) for Veggies. I am preparing to start seeds for my flower beds etc and hopefully start some other propagating from wild findings and other sources...

I'm a "cottage" gardener in my beds, garden and herb garden. To me that means - if something is given to me it's to be treasured...whatever it is...it makes it more special...everytime I look at it I get to remember the person that passed it on and smile...kinda what gardening was about to my grandma I guess...So an eclectic mix always works...I'm looking for the treasure that comes my way :o) whatever it maybe...

Hugs,

Jamie

I received lots of seeds in a pack a few months ago that are for zones above mine. I can forward all of them to you!! As far as the pass along box, mine will be more for zone 7 and below (or N) + houseplants.
I do wan your address though to get these seeds to you!!

Sheri

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

msjamie...............did i already ask you where arroyocamp is? i did didn't i? that's the name of your place isn't it and you are close to houston aren't you? that last sentence question is one of those free flowing sentence questions. you know like faulkner used. did i make you think of faulkner?

mamajack,
you are too funny ^_^

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Isn't she, though? Just cracks me up - lol.

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Mamajack,

lol Faulkner, yes, Faulkner. Arroyo city is 20 minute almost due north of Brownsville...you need to follow the coast WAY down south of Houston. Houston is 5 hours from me...Yep...I'm THAT far south...Brownsville is the very, very bottom tip and I'm about 20 minutes north. Throw a quarter west and you're in Mexico, east and you're in the gulf...And where may I ask is Fate? It sounds like it might be as large as Arroyo City...We have one road and the requisite bar and baptist church all good southern towns require...no stop light...about 350 pop during non winter Texan season and 200 wild Turkey...no hunting and they seem to know it...lol...

MrsJ - So, If I was driving from NC to Baja (Mulege, Mexico)...would I come near you?

Sheri

Spooner, WI

excuse me?

*sheepishly sneaking in the side-door*

Did I hear that someone wanted to send out a box to a newbie? I just joined DG, and so far, you are the most amazingly generous group of people I've ever met!

Sheri, you said northern, but then said south of Z7. If it's northern, I can be next in line maybe, but if it's southern, probably should go to someone else (I'm zone 4, edge of 3). And since I'm a college student (an OLD college student), I can't guarantee that I'll be around the night that it freezes in order to bring something into the house. Let me know. If not, I'm still having fun reading your chatter. You ladies are a hoot!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

aaaaaaaaaaaach!!

NEW BLOOD

Spooner, WI

sorry, mamajack, didn't mean to startle you!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

lol. i was trying to scare you. some of us on daves ain't right? and this thread has more than it's share of that kind.

Spooner, WI

Well, I hate to say it, but I'm not going to help balance the scales... if you know what I mean! lol

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Good Morning everyone.

Cannagirl that is going to be a wonderful assortment of Plants.
Just wanted to drop in and hello...waving to everyone.

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Sheri,

Okay...lol...I had to Google it! To get to the afore mentioned place in Mexico...lol...yes you could be comeing by way of here with an hour detour south approx. a trip across the worst and least habited part of Mexico and a swim of a couple of hours...otherwise you will probably be well north of me...lol...looking at a normal size map it's hard for people to get a feel for the size of Texas because it fit on a page or screan like all the rest...if you get a chance to look...Brownsvilles at the tippy bottom...20 minutes south of me...San Antonio is a little more than 5 hours north and Houston the same north East...Austin 6 and Dallas close to 8...El Paso 10+ to the west...Huge State...and I have a lead foot...lol...my husband screems cruise control when ever I walk out the door...lol... it can be a good day to get out of the state depending where you're going...lol...Are you driving there? my best friends in SA and I'd certainly drive the 5 hours for a howdy...lol...if you are passing through...;o)
Hugs - Jamie

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanks CJ ;)

Birdieblue, have you sent out your box yet? If so, to who? As soon as I know I'll send to the next person on list and the person you sent a bx. to can send to the third on list.

Here's a list of names I've come up with that need boxes. Not real sure about the first two named. I'll send them an email.

1.)Cue_Chik
2.) Birdieblue
3.) Blondhavmofun
4) Locakelly
5.) Aspenjocop
6.) Mrsjamiep
7.) Ptilda

If your name is listed and you've already got a pass along box please post here.....lol, this is getting confusing ;)
If I've overlooked anyone PLMK.

Now, do you think we should add Mamajack's name to the list? I'm taking votes ;) This lady has kept me laughing since the first day I met her in College Station....A true garden buddy....Love ya friend!

This message was edited Aug 21, 2009 9:16 AM

This message was edited Aug 21, 2009 11:23 AM

This message was edited Aug 21, 2009 11:32 AM

This message was edited Aug 21, 2009 1:10 PM

This message was edited Aug 21, 2009 1:24 PM

This message was edited Aug 21, 2009 1:25 PM

Thumbnail by cannagirl
DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

I've just D-mailed LaJeanne & Blondhavmofun to see if they ever got a box. Waiting for a post here from them, and to find out who Birdieblue shipped her pass along box to.

To keep order and for everyone to know who gets next box please post when your box is received. I'll keep an updated list of who is next in line.

Also, when you send your box onto next person please post day shipped and your confirmation #.

If everyone agrees we can open this up to all members rather than just newbies.

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Cannagirl,

Thank you for your thoughtfulness in adding me to this list. Because of some miss understanding with the start of my membership I don't wish to cause hard feelings with those who are uncomfortible with my origianally signing up in 06. Whether I forgot or not that is on me as has been pointed out and there is no need, as I see it, to be concerned over something so simple in such an atmisphere of love, kindness and friendship so thank you but, I would gladly ask that you take my name off the list a pass the box to a true newbie or even to mammajack...she has truly made me laugh also...

Hugs,

Jamie

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Cannagirl,

LoL! Our messages passed in cyber space!

Hugs,

Jamie

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Jamie,
I really don't know what's going on about any misunderstandings....I must have missed a post some where :) Maybe whatever misunderstandings were caused by me posting "newbie's only". If that is what caused this I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to cause hurt feelings for anyone.

My goal is just to share & pass along plants, so it should have been open to everyone that's a member of DG, and not just for newbies as I had posted.

I have noticed several members took an interest in this thread that have been on DG along time. That's why I wanted to open this up for everyone that wanted to participate in this pass along.

Everyone on this thread is a wonderful DG member and I'm sure like me, hope you change your mind. Please think about staying on the pass along list.

Thumbnail by cannagirl
Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Cannagirl,

Oh no, no honey! No hurt feeling at all...I promise. I just received an email suggesting that I wasn't a new member as stated so felt it was best left there and that's all. No hurt feelings I promise and didn't want any caused by me was all I meant. None were caused by ANYTHING anyone said or posted. Not even the email. Sometimes things don't come out the same in black and white...lol...I would love a pass along box and would love to stay on the list. I just didn't want to make anyone uncomfortible about that with all the kindness everyone has shown me.

You are a sweetheart for starting and organizing this. Thanks for your concern but, I really meant nothing about anyones actions when I wrote my post. I just didn't want any uncomfortible feelings in such a wonderful place.

Hugs,

Jamie

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

cannagirl - you have my vote to add mamajack to the list. She's a hoot and a very generous and nice lady!!

Kelly

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Kelly,
Your in for a treat if you ever meet her......lol, her eyes pure shine with happiness...she's such a happy-go-lucky-type person. Always joking around.
Thanks for the vote.
Posted that I'd like to open up to all members. Waiting to get everyone's feedback. What do you think? Keep for newbies? All members?

Spooner, WI

Look at it this way... whoever gets a box from someone who's been around DG longer, might get some more creative stuff than what those of us just joining would be able to send! Sounds like a win-win situation! :)

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Ptilda! Those are my thoughts too.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I agree with ptilda. The long time gardeners I've met here are so generous and definitely have things to share us newbies don't. I think it's good for the newbies to get the boxes, but don't see why the long term members shouldn't be included as well.

cannagirl - if I ever get over to Barb's part of Texas I will most definitely have to pop in and pay her a visit - lol.

LOL, Boy am I confused about who is next. A few had posted as to who was sending to who after me. So I was trying to figure out who I should send to. I thought it was planned out up till Ptilda. ???? When I receive a box I will let you know.
I can say that I don't have a lot but will try my best to put together a nice box for somebody then.

ahugs all around,
Sheri

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Just realized I didn't vote...lol...Yes definitly on the mamajack box! Hope to get to meet her someday...anyone that can joke with me about Faulkner...lol...and I for one would be thrilled to send a pass along to someone old or new on the list as soon as I am able...I think it would be great fun.

Hugs - Jamie

Spooner, WI

Sheri, I thought it was settled up until my post too, except that we were waiting on cue_chik to send in Spetember since it's so hot there. She is sending to you, and you had something to send out, but I was not sure if it was northern or "south of Zone 7".

I think I am sending to ptilda as the others had arranged their order.....I have you as my person to send to ptilda.
I think the excitement of getting this passalong started again has just got us all a dither ^_^

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Lol Birdie I know it has me all confused.
I think Lajeanne, Blonhavinmofun, Lockelly, Aspencop, & Mrsjamiep all posted before Ptilda.
My eyes are crossing going back & forth on this thread to see who was first to post. Please let me know if I'm wrong and I will change on list.

Spooner, WI

Cannagirl, they did post before me, but I don't think they were asking for the boxes... or maybe I missed something. I thought that the people who claimed boxes were all set up with a "sender". I had to go back & read everything and here's what I found (please correct me if I'm wrong, 'cause I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I were):

Ayankeecat sent to cannagirl
cannagirl sent to cjcjmass
cjcjmass sent to flowerfantasy
flowerfantasy sends to antsinmypants
antsinmypants sends to cue_chik
cue_chik sends to Birdieblue (sheri)
Birdieblue sends to Ptilda (me)

The only one I see that got skipped was when LaJeanne posted a second too late on June 22 @ 12:07. The others didn't indicate that they wanted boxes, I don't think...?

On the other hand, Sheri, if those items might be more fitting for someone more south, you might be better off sending them to LaJeanne rather than to me. I'm enjoying the discussion, so I'm happy just hanging out! :) I just want to be sure that everyone gets their boxes.

That was how I saw it too. Also, LaJeanne does not show to be a subscriber., and I thought this was for paid subscribers only.
I don't have many tropicals, mostly houseplants and a few outdoor things , so will be good for Ptilda in WI.
I will post when I receive my box, OK.

BirdieBlue / Sheri

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LaJeanne may have been a subscriber when she posted, but has since let the subscription run out.. you can only get to this forum if you are a subscribed member. may be why we havent seen a post from her recently :)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

So I may really be next for cannagirl's box :^)

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

yes, as I think you should have to be a current subscriber if you want to participate.. if you let your subscript run out, then you forfeit the 'box'.. just my humble opinion, but wouldnt be fair to those who ARE subscribed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.