CLOSED: AYANKEECAT Pass Along Box Of Plants For A Newbie

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

and I MEANT to say: :o) I WOULD like to be included still IF we are not just sending to newbies so there won't be any status confusion...lol...so until the vote is in or whatever that's in limbo...lol...but, as soon as I am able I will let you know to put me on the list so I can send something out to whoever is on the list. Clear as mud?

Hugs - Jamie

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Patilda, Blondhavinmofu deleted her post....I think she did request a box on that post as I remember her requesting one. I guess she changed her mind.

I think your first request from locakelly was on Aug. 16th. Aspenjocop's request was also on the 16th. Your first request was Aug. 20th. Please check the 20th date and make sure this is correct.

QUOTE:
locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2009
11:40 AM

Post #6953133

I wouldn't mind being the next newbie to receive some plants. October is perfect planting weather here in the desert.

Kelly

Cue, your below quote is correct. I'll remove her name. Thanks for posting!

yes, as I think you should have to be a current subscriber if you want to participate.. if you let your subscript run out, then you forfeit the 'box'.. just my humble opinion, but wouldnt be fair to those who ARE subscribed.

Orlando, FL

hi cannagirl, i did not recieve a package, i will check the mail but so far no package. i will watch for one thanks, and then who do i send to or will it be in the package
blondie

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

I'm working 3/12's this weekend at the re-hab....Does anyone want to take over getting our shipping list in the correct order?
Deleted Lajeanne's name. I assume Blondehavmofun is no longer interested. If I hear back from her we can revise.
Where is Mamajack when you need her ;)
Ptilda, could you finish up the list for me? Or, anyone else. Thanks! I just don't want anyone skipped over to get feelings hurt.

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Lol, Blondie....I'll add you back on list ;)

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Blondhavmofun, I thought you had got over-looked. I'm sorry for this over-sight. Got you name added to the list.

Ptilda, or anyone here's what I come up with. Please revise as to make correct as possible. Thanks for any help. I'm off to work. Have a good weekend everyone.

1.)Cue_Chik
2.) Birdieblue
3.) Blondhavmofun
4) Locakelly
5.) Aspenjocop
6.) Mrsjamiep
7.) Ptilda

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

What is the list & what is the confusion all about? I sent my box to Cue_Chik.

ants

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

its the list of whos next ants! I got my box, I'll be sending one out to birdie, then she'll send one to blondie and so forth and so on... its just so everyone can keep track of whose next in line i think

Spooner, WI

I think I've got it. Just point me in the right direction when it's my turn! lol

So, are we waiting for one person to receive their box before the next one ships out? Or in the case of those in the south waiting for the cooler weather, can those of us in the north go ahead? I'm wondering because if I get stuff too late, it makes it hard for it to settle down before it freezes.

Cannagirl, do you need me to do something more with the list? It looks good to me.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

well, shouldnt need to wait to get yours before sending out. the only reason Im waiting to send birdies is cuz its so dern hot here and i dont want her to get a box of dead plants... erm... she might hurt me

Spooner, WI

Cool. But I don't have anyone to send to! Who's it gonna be?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

well.. the next newbie that jumps on the thread shall be your target LOL

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Now things get really complicated... if we are sending to the person under us...ptilda is under me...I have nothing at this point...nothing not even a scrap of houseplant...and won't for a season probably...so she is going to have to wait?... I am also in Zone 9b and she is in WI so most everything I send her would be a house plant there...I would think....I guess I should dmail ptilda?...if this looks like complaining in black and white it not, just confusion about how we are doing this...I'll go with the flow...lol...

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

I had a problem with zones also. I packed lots of things I had to unpack because it was just too hot in the zone I was sending to. I think you should be able to send to whoever you want to send to. Say like maybe, the next person to post that wants a box of plants close to or in my zone? Just a thought.

ants

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well some people have to work (only for an hour) and some people have teenagers and some people have to go spend all day at school to get their kids all fixed up and some people have dogs to feed and some people have to go to book stores for required reading and some people have to get to sonic during happy hour. this is more of that "stream of consciousness" thing that falkner did. can yall see it?

look at what ol new ptilda did. just comes right in and figures this danged thread right out .......right before our very eyes. i never tried keeping up with it as i wasn't smart enough to even get what cannagirl was talking about in the beginning. i thought she had A box of plants to give away. and that was 'gone' be it. i never even got that this was going to be the FOREVER THREAD. and i am in a race for having a FOREVER THREAD of my own on the tx. forum. so it displeases me that yall might be winning in the first place. and i'm never going to post here again because it's just one more tally for you guys. and not a one of yall have been over on my thread. like yall got lives or something. hrrrmpff! that's my favorite non cussing word right now.

but just put all that aside. yall i don't need a box. i got lots of stuff that me and texas is already killing so i don't need anything else. let's let people, whether they be new or not, that have no plants or a dead compost pile to show that they once had plants receive these extras. now i'm going back to write on my own thread.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Well said as always, mama! Where's that thread cuz I'd sure like to read it? Oh - TX Forum. Gotta check that out. Mamajack is a hoot y'all.

Spooner, WI

Mamajack, what on earth would I be doing on the Texas forum? Zone jealousy? :)

Blondie, I think we're confused about who is sending to you. If you can sit tight until someone figures this all out, I think we'll get it! lol

Cue_Chik, we decided it doesn't have to be a newbie, right?

What if the person SENDING gives a general idea of what they are able to send (houseplants vs. outdoor, seeds vs. plants, and the approx zones if applicable), so that the person below (who they will be sending to, not "below" in the bad sense) them will know if they should sign up then, or wait.

And what to do about the situation where someone doesn't have stuff to send? Keep in mind, you could always pick up some of those end-of-season discounted seeds or cheap spring bulbs from one of the big-box stores (saw a HUGE bag of daffs at Home Depot for $15). And it doesn't have to be plants, I guess. Make something! A birdhouse, pair of gloves, a book, magazine subscription, membership here on DG, seed collecting "equipment", whatever. Then again, I hate to have people feel that they "have" to spend money for this.

Problem is, if it gets too organized, it's not fun anymore. But if it's organized, it helps people be less confused.

Ants, I like the idea that you can CHOOSE who you send to. If people don't get chosen, they can sit tight for a couple of days & will almost certainly be chosen...

SOooooooo, with that logic, then

Ayankeecat sent to cannagirl (received)
cannagirl sent to cjcjmass (received)
cjcjmass sent to flowerfantasy (received)
flowerfantasy sent to antsinmypants (received)
antsinmypants sent to cue_chik (received)
cue_chik sends to Birdieblue (sheri) (received)

So now, Birdieblue can choose who her box would most benefit from the list:

Blondhavmofun (Orlando, FL)
Locakelly (zone 9a)
Aspenjocop (zone 5b)
Mrsjamiep (zone 9b)
Ptilda (zone 3/4)

As you can see, you southerners have us outnumbered! Might be a trick for me to be chosen! Oh well, it's fun just hanging out with you ladies!

Hopefully you wont think I'm taking over if I suggest that, if we decide that the "sender" can choose the recipient, the "sender" should clearly state to whom they are sending, and update the list just to make sure.

Please forgive me if I'm getting too detailed.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I would love to add my name to the list! Looks like we needed some more northern climate folks anyway. But you really should read some of mamajack's thread! She really is a hoot! If I ever have to go back to Tx, and I'm definately planning on visiting her. She would be way more fun than visiting the "family" anyway! Our DG family is so much more entertaining than most of my family (unless you count my aunt that talks to ghosts) teeheehee

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Hey Everyone!

Wow! I am just lurking and this has drawn me in. Lord have mercy...it's locakelly again. I swear it is fate or stalking. We keep running into each other!

Whoever put my name on that list, I thank you! cannagirl? Are you all changing this up from how it originally started? Oh, locakelly has to be in front of me cause she knows what I want lol. Zones don't matter that much do they? I live in zone 5 but love tropicals so how does that work?

Oh, locakelly.....locakelly....where are you...hee, hee, hee...

Connie

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi, Connie! Well we meet again! I told you I was all over . . .

ROTFLOL

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! LOL Girl, don't you have anything to do besides chase an old lady around dave's garden? Or...is it the other way around? I forgot. Anyway....LOL here we are...

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Oh, yeah, I forgot...just 'cuz I did...I know what loca means!!!!!!!! No one will believe you!!!!! Your stocking me...ROTFLOL

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Who's the one with too much time on their hands???? ROTFLOL

I'm enjoying the first rain since February!!!!!

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Can you say "US"? LOL OMG it rained here too

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

You probably get rain all the time - lol. Here, rain is a special occasion!

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Well then, do the happy dance whoo hoo!!!!!

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

aspengirl - I wondered about the change too

I am marked as "received" but have not, so I'll give a shout when I do. In the meantime I will be getting a box ready for Ptilda as the few before her seemed from their posts to have communicated with each other about what was being sent to whom.
I hope you will not be disappointed as I don't have much of a selection. that was the main reason I joined this with the hopes of building up my selection to participate in these trades.
Also currently my finances don't have room for a $15 trip to the store to buy something to send. Postage is a stretch in itself. (and I must add that it is terribly embarrassing to admit these last couple things. but I consider you all my close friends, so....)

BB

Orlando, FL

hi all,
well orlando is kinda 9a or 9bish so i will choose locakelly since we are close in zones how about that loca, how is that ground orchid doing did it flower yet lol
blondie

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

as far as i knew, participants had to be new with a paid subscription, but this is cannagirls thread, so its up to her.

I dont understand why there is so much confusion... Im sending my box to birdie... she then will send hers tot he next person on the list.. after all, this is about sending to the people that got there first...so whoever was next to reply should get the box.

I dont think we need to be so concerned about zones... its a free box of plants... grow what ya can outside, and try the rest. there are a lot of things that grow throughout different zones...you never know till ya try. If we make too big a deal about zones, then someone will inevitably be left out... the next person might live in zone 11, or zone 3... so we dont ship a box to them because there isnt a sender in the same zone? kinda seems unfair. if the plants you send will only survive as house plants in the zone your recipient lives.. then great.. they just received box of free houseplants... plants they didnt have before. No biggie...

this is just my humble opinion, but just seems this things is becoming unnecessarily complicated

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Cue_chik i agree with you!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Me 3, cue. Don't matter to me, as free plants are free plants! I just love to try new things, and I love surprises. Isn't that the point? And it will maybe add some variety to what everyone already has. Bbl, gonna go yard saling now and maybe find some new things for my yard. Looking for ideas for obelisks for the new clems coming! Anybody need anything?

Here's my 2 cents - I think much of the confusion began when people started saying something like "after __ I'll send to __" . Looking back over the thread, 2 or more people did this.
Originally when someone got box, the next person to jump in was next. either way would work. It just needs to be clear so that , yes, no paid subscribers get missed.
I actually thought that some of the people discussing sending tropicals after me had already sent their boxes. Just the impression I got from reading the posts.
I agree that it would be a shame if someone received beautiful tropicals and was not set up to care for them. Trops are fabulous and I'd hate for them to just die, so perhaps when we get our persons name we should dmail about plant preferences.
And , of course there is no reason that someone with an abundance of plants couldn't send an extra box to a newbie or someone just beginning over for postage. That is what it appeared that some were joining in for...simply because they wanted to send a box.
I'm just here and preparing to send someone a humble box of assorted houseplants with a few outdoor things also. Just let me know who I'm sending to. If some ladies after me on the list have already sent things, or want to trade trops with each other, just let me know. I surely don't want to leave anyone out either.
After all isn't sharing plants about giving more so than receiving? (JMO)

Blessings ^_^
Sheri

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Cue, I agree with you. This is so sad to see. It all started out as giving a box of goodies to share with a fellow plant lover. How nice it would be to get that surprise in the mail and know someone on the other end was thinking about you. Then you want to share the happiness and brighten someone else's day. It was never set up to pick and choose. You don't pick and choose gifts. If there is something you can't use or don't like then send it on to someone else. Somewhere along the line the meaning has been lost and that saddens me whether I am on the list or not. Another thread can be set up and you can put your haves and wants on it and be matched with others, but that is not what this one is about.

Connie

So well put Connie! Thank you.

Now a question - have some of you down the line already sent to each other? If so , please let me know who is next in line and then that person dmail me your address. OK?

Lets get this good will happy sharing thread back on target!!

^_^

BB / Sheri

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Thank you, Sheri.

Connie

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

I Do agree with Sherri and Connie!

I'm not sure but, I hope that Mamacat wasn't the only one that got the jest in my post about the Zones etc.

I agree the idea from the beginning that this was to be a sharing it seems. It's my understanding it's now opened to all paying members of Dave's and I will gladly send out a box also. I like Sherri may not be able to run and fill a box but, will when I can - with love and friendship. Yes, I may have to pull it together but, like Sherri said the joy is in the giving. Thanks Sheri for the reminder.

Hugs,

Jamie

Spooner, WI

Sheri, don't worry about what you have to send. I'll be thrilled with anything!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well i wouldn't. don't send me no house plants. not even if they are red. never. lol.

hey exactly where is the lady who talks to ghosts? is she receptive to visits from strangers? sounds like someone i could pass an afternoon with.

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Well Mama I have a purple one all boxed up for you...lol...

Save me a chair when you meet up with the ghost talker. She does just sound like she might be able to hold up her end of a conversation. She down here somewhere isn't she? Must be fate...

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

who is 'The Ghost talker'?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.