CLOSED: AYANKEECAT Pass Along Box Of Plants For A Newbie

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Seriously, when I was a kid, about 16, we lived in the country. Came home late one night and found a guy standing in the dark in the chicken yard. Had a girlfriend with me, scared me so bad I peed myself! Then ran like mad to the house and grabbed a gun. Then changed my pants.
OK, you can all laugh at me now! Well done, cue, at least you didn't require a change of clothes!

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

We still aren't certain on that one skellogg LOL

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL.. Poor Lucy. she beginning to put on a little too much weight.. better back off those 'special treats'..like door to door salesman... and Saturday morning evangelists

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Glad to hear you are okay. I'm not scared of too much, but people who are up to no good are pretty scarey.

ants

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

nope.. no change of clothes...lol

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Yep, you never know what they will do. Well, skellogg has that loaded gun to protect you though the night so I know you will be safe now. I am going to call it a day.

Have a good one, All!!!

Connie

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Makes me wonder how the cops responded so fast. Can't help but wonder if they were close by cuz someone else called too and they were already looking for the creep. Maybe we should road trip to visit you now! Seriously, I would be happy to come over if I was close enough to do any good. So glad you and your son are OK!

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Is Lucy your dog? My dog is quite overweight & I have been trying to figure out a well balanced diet for him. I live in a very small town & have asked my vet about it, but he really doesn't know much about that. All he told me was 8% fat or less. Very good at everythng else though.

ants

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Palm Coast is a small town, and nothing much happens here.. most cops can be seen parked on the side of the roads just watching traffic, or cruising the parking lots for expired tags...LOL

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Night Connie!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Shoot, they were probably happy you called then. Gave them something to do out of the norm. A little excitement for them. Nice part of that is, they will keep checking the area now, just in case. See, you are giving the cops a purpose tonight. Very nice of you cue!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Lucy is a, um, plant . . .

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

. . . a carnivorous one.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Might be time for that margarita now, too. Settle the nerves a little! I'll mix the drinks, bartended for 18 years, but I'm gonna have a Johnny Walker and water. What can I get anyone?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

lol.. ants.. Lucy is my pet Carnivorous plant... I feed door to door salesmen to her, Saturday morning Evangelists, and the occasional newbie...

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Oh no! I'm a newbie! Please spare me from the fangs of Lucy! I promise I'll be good! Well, I promise I'll TRY to be good! LOL!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL. i only feed newbies with the name of 'kelly' to her... ahem... long story.. ask loca..ROTFL

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

So glad not even my middle name is "kelly" but with the last name kellogg, it was just a little too close for comfort!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ROFL.. nahhh your safe... besides.. Lucy is stuffed at the moment...

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Have to call it a night, cue. Do check in first thing in the morning if you have time, though, so we can all know you're okay!
Hugs,
Skellogg

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

nie hun. thaks everone for stayin up just a tad later for me... i appreciate it!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

No prob! And remember, I'm sure that the cops will keep checking the area. They're usually really good about such things.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah, we lost KT3 of the Kelly Twins to Lucy a while back . . . very unfortunate "accident" . . .

Long story ;o)

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ROTFL...loca

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

;o)

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Sorry, I got lost... Lucy is a PLANT? Is it that new one that can eat rats? :) LOL :)

ants

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

BIG rats - lol.........

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Now you all have to remember that I left you last night and you were having Rita at kelly/cue's lol...this morning...rotflol...you all have made a road trip from south to north and south again...ritas...been almost broken into...ritas...talked some more to ghosts in there...ritas...had lucy muching on strangers who could have been indigestible and poor Ant thinking she was a dog...I miss all the fun...lol...

I think I've sat a giggled away 20 minutes...

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Morning all! MrsJ, you just have to go on the next road trip with us! So much fun! And it is nice knowing none of us have a hangover after all those 'ritas! What a great bunch!

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Good morning! I guess the rest of the night went good and you didn't have to use your gun, skellogg.

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Oh yeah...I have an update...I finally found my husband. I found him in the garage petting the other woman (72 Nova). He uses any excuse he can to get out of the house and that is where he ends up. Never did get a count on those stop signs lol. He wants go out out again tonight and take a recount. LOL. NOT!!!!!

Connie

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Cue, I just got home from work and read this post .....I'm so glad you & your son are safe!
Everyone you are one great group of gardeners staying up with Cue last night to comfort her!! Wish I could have been online with you all to help.

Looks like everyone knows who gets the next box....that works for me. I just didn't want anyone over-looked or get feelings hurt.

Have a good day. I've off to sleep ;)

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Night, canna! Boy, I am so glad that I don't have to work graves anymore! Worst part for me was feeling that I missed too much sleeping during the day! Never minded working weekends, cuz then you didn't have to fight crowds at the store! Just not enough hours in the day!

Spooner, WI

This thread has gotten so long, I'm kinda lost. Are we still waiting for people to get boxes? Am I supposed to send one out? I haven't noticed a newbie post yet after me, so who do I send to? Will someone D-mail me if it looks like I'm missing something, 'cause I don't want to keep anyone waiting around for a box of plants!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ptilda... when you get your box.. make a post in his (or a new) thread and say you are looking for the next newbie to post to send a box too.

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Lol Skellogg that's just how I feel :) I miss out on everything ;)

Pilta, I was just thinking the samething. I'll start a new thread and post the link here.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh my!! I do not know the names of all of the plants I will be sharing. What do I do? I understand that it is frowned upon to send NOID plants (unless a lily or iris or something like that which truly is NOID). HelP!! zi've picked out plants to send, but .....

^_^ Sheri ^_^

DeRidder, LA(Zone 9a)

Here's the link to new thread.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1030530/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.