Hooked on Gladiolas!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

More for sale.
Sold 74 bunches.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

CountryGardens, you are making me crazy! (than usual) Do you sell the beauties as "cut flowers" or can they be planted? If they cannot be planted, we need to have a crying party for the loss. Sorry, I love the Iris and just cutting the blooms off hurtssssssss.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

They are cut flowers. They last about a week.
Not to worry. We dig up the corms, (bulbs), in the fall. For every flower stalk cut off, or not, there is a new corm. We plant 1 & get back as many as 5.
This is last fall, corms drying, then we need to clean them.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

OH WOW! Never have I seen so many, and my greedy heart wants one of each(at least) Will you offer them for sell on the net? If so , please post site. Hurry, hurry, hurry..
Faye

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I will sell corms in the spring.
www.countrygardensmn.com

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Thank you, and please post the site again when you are selling.
Faye

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

WOWSER CG 12-15,000! I think that one waaaaaay out there in the middle needs a stake ^_^ I am bummed out all cuz no signs of buds on my glads yet :( I got them in too late this year methinks.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi guys and gals.. New to DG. I have put gladiolas in the ground, my first try at them. Planted 20 of them couple months ago. Nothing special, just a bag of assorted colors. I just wanted to see if they were easy to grow. So far every single one I planted as about 2ft. or more of green foliage, no blooms yet.
Will post pics when I have some.
Love seeing what ya'll have growing, Very nice all of them!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Welcome!
Good luck with your Glads.
Bernie

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Welcome from Alaska. Her Bernie, you have a great website. I drooled over your lovely glads. I can't believe you dig up all of them in the fall. I do, of course, but I would think it would be so labor intensive at your volume to dig, dry, label, replant, etc. I have gotten most of my bulbs from Old House Gardens cuz I am a little nutso for heirlooms. I would load up on yours. Your prices and postage is one of the best I have seen. Just not sure where I would put them all. Definitely need southern exposure to get enough warmth for them to take off. I have had Atom for three years and it is very reliable. Last year my order got scrambled and I got stuff I didn't order and not stuff I did. Not too happy, but they made it right.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We were so busy this winter, I never did get any Glads sold.
Maybe next year.
I order from Nagel's in Michigan. For retail they are Noweta Gardens.
http://www.nowetagardens.com/

Theirs are pest free. Others I have ordered & bought at big box store have sent thrips along. Don't like that at all!

This message was edited Apr 22, 2011 12:35 PM

Victoria, TX(Zone 9a)

gorgeous, gorgeous!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'll have to add this to my forums, I just love Glads. I plant mine on either side of the walkway to the greenhouse. I probably have 300 or so.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oops, forgot the pics.

Thumbnail by Ric_of_MAF Thumbnail by Ric_of_MAF
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

What a wonderful orderly garden. I envy your ability to plan and execute such a lovely space.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I was never able to do this, this well till I retired.LOL

Taylorsville, KY

Beautiful.....Ric.....do you dig them each fall? I've had some success leaving them in the ground. I'm from Michigan and couldn't there but they MOSTLY survive here....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.