Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

mabe we should arrange an accross Texas simultaneous rain Dance...preferably after 10pm!

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

I just saw the updated forecasts for Austin and SA.
All 90's starting Saturday. SA even had some low 90's. One computer model even had a high 80's in there but the forecaster said they didnt believe so they changed it to 93.
We also had 20 percent chance of rain from Saturday - Wednesday.
Let's all get our hopes up so we can have our spirits crushed when the high pressure comes back.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Presently the news says Dallas is 102 with 23% humidity.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

start dancing everyone

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

My potted EE's and begonias are in the shade and have more than enough shade. However, the edges of most of them are crisp. Guess I need to take them inside, same as for cold weather.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

My poor plants paid the price for my sins last night. I went to the 1210 AM show of Harry Potter...got home at 3:20AM....and slept..I had enough time to water the deck, but the nusery area on the back driveway is suffering.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

RJ..........what a horrible person you are...knowing full well those plants can't drag themselves to a hose bib.....Well fine....you're gonna have to live with this. You've let them down. I think there's already a bill in the TX State Congress to condemn homes where residents let their plants suffer. It's the... What Were You Thinking When You Bought All Those Plants Bill #47530u5403475075.
In Austin, you would be dragged to Town Lake (whoops, Ladybird Lake now...) and made to stand under the Congress Bridge, where millions of Mexican Freetail bats would relieve themselves upon you at dusk. Don't let this happen again....or at least...don't tell it to thousands of unsympathetic subscribers.....
Off to dinner......can't cook tonight....I have a bone in my leg...just noticed it, very painful

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We're sorry to advise you Rj has gone into hiding. If you need to communicate with him, I'll give him any messages.
Harry

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Let him have it BB! Need to check with my State Rep and ask him to support that bill! LOL!

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

BB....I hope that bone doesn't hurt too bad. I think you can go out to dinner every night as long as that bone is still there.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

We're home now....much quieter after dinner. Kristi....it's the weirdest thing. I'll be standing in front of the freezer, trying to make steaks or sumptin' jump out for dinner...and it hits....BITLS....bone in the leg syndrome. I can't function anymore and have to lay on the couch and moan until DH gets hungry enough to take me out to eat. No cure for it.
Did you figure how to copy "rain video?"

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

You poor dear. This is just tragic.

I haven't figured it out yet. I tried to attach the video under "image" below but that doesn't work and I can't copy/paste.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

well...okay....

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

Yeah BB I have a similiar thing going on with my couch. It has a tendency to move around. So I have to stay seated on it to keep it in place. And of course free of cat fur. It's a difficult life but oh well somebody has to hold down the couch.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Hmmmm...I'll try that next......

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

Try a cat! If one curls up in my lap, it might look so contented sleeping or purring, that it's really hard to be mean and get up, dumping the poor little pookie!

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

I think that qualifies as 'bones in your lap' and is also very, very tragic.

Well, there you go, we may have discovered something. I have 2 out of 3 cats on my lap at any given time. One of them holds me down in the bed till late in the morning. It's sad but I couldn't let the poor baby wake up alone. He'd think he wasn't loved or somesuch.

Anne

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

OH I am so jealous RJ went to see Harry Potter and I want to go but DH isn't interested and daughter moved to Houston so can't go with her :(

DH has a routine set up for water he rotates it so every other day an area gets water and waters early in the am or after the sun starts to go down in the evening and uses the rain water ( when we have some ) so we can try and keep things green for the wedding Sept 5th ...*sigh*
I've only lost 2 camellia's so far and the green beans are finally showing sign s from the heat but the tomatoes, peppers, okra and squash are still doing okay.

Maybe if we all wash our cars on a set day it might rain if we leave them out??? LOL

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

The forecast for rain this weekend is now up to 40% for our area. All those rain dances are working!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!

Bryan, TX

My water bill arrived yesterday. Please send donations to cover the $168.49. In the meantime, join me out on the veranda for a refreshing lemonade.

Wow!!!!!! I have mine automatically drafted, I don't even want to know.

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

I'll move my truck out of the carport and put the windows down on Friday night. Works better for me than washing the truck. And uses less of my limited energy, too! Wet seats are a hassle but I really, really need rain!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hmm..I'll have to try that...
LOL...better charge a dollar a glass for that lemonade!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I have no donations to send to you ....ours was $220 and that is with averaging!

Copperas Cove, TX(Zone 8b)

They said my average utilitly bill would be around $300 so I told them forget it. During the winter its around a hundred. I would rather have a little spending money some time of the year, lol.

This message was edited Jul 16, 2009 5:52 PM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank goodness the rates went down..if this were last summer we'd be going bankrupt

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Someone did good on the dance....
There was a big crash of thunder outside my office window..looked out..and it's ugly dark..
wooooo hooooo

Copperas Cove, TX(Zone 8b)

Sounds like we have a pretty good chance for a shower as well this weekend! Gonna check into a new electric company. TXU came out and changed my meter and ever since out bills have been way higher.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

If you have StarTex out there, I recommend them..you can get a rate of 11cents per killowatt hour.
I spoke too soon! the cloud dried up already!

I saw those clouds down your way earlier. Oh well I was keeping a good thought for you.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Our water dept. doesn't average. Every 15,000 gallons they double the rate. No rationing but they sure encourage you to be careful. I have too big an investment in plants to not try to keep them alive. sheeeesh!!

Now the electric bill.....last July and August it was over $800. each month.

Christi

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

mabe tomorrow!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

ouch

nothing but hot sun shine today ...but we got 2 loads of compost from down my Jacksonville today and got one load spread round the rose garden area ...in the cannas at the top of the waterfall and round the fruit trees.

weather underground is saying 50% for tonight and then the temps are suppose to drop to the lower 90's with 20% chance thru the weekend and next week...we'll see what happens.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

lets hope so

Dallas, TX

I just pray we dont get mosquitoes too!

grrr the dang rain has gone north east of us so far ...its rained in Longview area but still prayin for it for the rest of us

Bryan, TX

Friday. The sky has opened a small bit and the rain is coming down at my office. Would be much better if it were raining at my house and pastures 15 miles away. Maybe it will make it just a little further northeast.

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

Austin weather just said the last 30 days were the hottest ever in recorded history.
Maybe rain later today. Hit or miss showers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.