College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

Raining here in Wellborn area. woo hoo

Bryan, TX

My sister said no rain in Wixon Valley - clouds went right over - again

Bryan, TX

I watered each of my 8 lagustrium for one hour last night and this morning - they were looking poorly

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

we got bout a 1/2 inch this morning but sun is out so I'm sure it won't last long on the ground ..DH seems to think we will get more as they are saying there is a chance the rest f the day and night of rain poppin up ...I'll believe it when I see it lol

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

it's clouding up here, and had some scattered rain around town..but no big rain yet.

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey BorderPatrol,
Those Ligustrum are on the invasive species list here in Texas. They have taken over and are destroying the local habitat here in Central Texas. I wont fault you for having some but dont buy any more. I have been trying to get Lowes to stop carrying them.

Sorry for harrassing you off topic.

jujube

Copperas Cove, TX(Zone 8b)

I'll check and see if that company is available here. Thanks. Scared to see August.

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

That's true, jujube. I used to volunteer in the natural area parks, going around trying to clear out invasives, like that and Chinese Tallow, for instance. A never-ending task.
Still hot here. I think a few clouds are starting to come through.

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Got 1" overnight in Rowlett -- yahoooooo! We needed it.

Carla

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

it's noon and only 85F here so far..but the clouds seemed to have vanished

Too bad RJ, though we got some here, someone off to the southeast of us got a pourdown.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

well, looking at the radar, it still looks like a large cloud mass with some good yellow and orange indicating thundershowers on the way down I-45 , it's passing Huntsville.

Yeah that would be about where I saw the rain cloud. Lucky them.

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

As soon as we got home today we got about the same "teaser" sprinkle as we got another time recently. Not enough to really wet the ground, but sure smells good outside! Prediction is 20% tonight and Saturday, then 30% until Sunday night. After that, zip.

Dallas, TX

I heard it rained last night, something happen I drove with the windows down today.... they say its suppose to rain this weekend ... we will see.

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Hooray,at last, 1 inch of rain yesterday. Maybe more coming today. Haven't had rain since March and only 8 inches since last November.
Things looking up.

I'm glad that someone got that. All we got was thunder and a brief covering of clouds. Oh well a better chance for us today. We had to go to Normangee (Leon county) for a little bit and there was water standing in some of their ditches.

Anne

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We finally got a good douse, but need more..still we had a heck of a storm while I was at a...of all places...pool party. It was nice though hanging out feeling a bit cool. I had to clear out of there at one point as the lightning was smacking down too close for comfort, and waiting inside till the zappers left.
want more rain!

We didn't get a drop. It did cool down nicely yesterday morning with a brief cloud and some cool wind for about an hour, lol. Got to 100 again though by afternoon. Hoping for a stray shower this evening.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Still hot and dry.

smaller cities around us got it we didn't. grumble, grumble

Yippee wet stuff falling from sky and thunderboomers

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

None for us this time, but at least it's practicing! The high pressure dome that usually deals us misery all summer has shifted off to the Four Corners area. If it stays away, more rain making systems might find their way through Texas. We woke to thunder, lightning, and rain this morning, but we were in a hotel in Abilene for DH's family reunion. The rain went straight south and did not follow us home.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We got about a 20 minute semi-downpour. It was about .33 in the rain gauge and I stayed out in most of it. It felt so good. I had been moving stuff to the front for Monday junk pick-up and was hot and tired. It felt so good!! But there was a bit of thunder in it so I went in before I became toast. You could hear all the plants saying Ahaaa!

Denton, TX(Zone 8a)

We got some rain today, which was a nice break. We got about .20" the other day. This seemed like more than that with how hard it was raining, but dig a little into the soil, and it's still dry dry dry in there. I'm just happy to have 90s instead of 100s. It was a bit muggy this afternoon when I was weeding the side garden.

We got hail too. Of course I didn't have the car in the garage. But, oh well, it's rain. I'm not complaining.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The big cell missed us this evening!

missed us too it thundered god and loud but it went around us and a co worker I talked to said they got a nice rain in Tyler ...grrrrrrr lol

Got a few sprinkles but not enough to even get wet. I did get some weeding done though since it was cooler today than it has been in months. It felt great to be outside again without panting, lol.

Wind, floods, tornados and downed power lines in town. But only a few sprinkles here 5 mi. away. Happy I missed all that except the rain, well some of the rain.

we finally got almost 2 inches of rain today ...no water hoses put tonight lol
Praying for rain to come to everyone else now

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

We got the "coming right at us" that turned into "disappeared in to thin air" followed by "right behind you". Missed us completely but it did cool everything down nicely. Pretty light show.

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm still praying for....just a few drops. We have received nothing of significance here,

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Well, I'm here in Sweden. It's in the fifties at night, and no hotter than 80 during the day. It's raining today. I'm afraid to ask what's happening at home.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We're nearing the end of our 30 percent, and 30 percent it is.we get all hopeful, see lightning and dark clouds...then poof...sun is back. It's been cloudy for the last 3 days which has made gardening hospitable, albeit I do most of mine by the moonlight.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Car's packed, ready to leve for IL for MIL's 100th birthday.....guess what? Sprinklers aren't popping up in the front yard. Always something........

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Have fun! I was just thinking of you as I was watching the mosquito fish. Some of them have gotten very large!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Lots of promise in the air right now. Dark clouds, sprinkling, thunder/lightning. Waiting to see if it really rains.

Christi

Randy, are you pulling an all-nighter?

Denton, TX(Zone 8a)

Another rain this morning. Woohoo! More thunder and lightning than heavy downpour, but it was a nice ground moistener, nonetheless.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Ours was only a tease. Never rained enough to wet the pavement.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.