Here's Baby Swan

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

I can't find the thread, but someone wasn't familiar with baby swan, so I thought that I would post some pictures. I grew these from seed last year. I think that I planted about a dozen, and gave away another dozen because I got tired of planting, and ran out of room.

Thumbnail by pennefeather
McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

These are in my front border. They are about 18" high.

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

The slugs have been having a feast this spring because of all the rain. Almost all of my coneflower' leaves have holes, although this one looks good.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Thanks so much for sharing these photos! Where did you get the seeds?

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice photos...another good white Echie. The slugs were brutal when I visited my parents in New York State last week. I bought and sprinkled around some slug and snail bait when I was there. I saw a home remedy for slugs on Martha Stewart this past week. You place a container in the ground at ground level and fill it just a couple of inches from the top with beer. The beer attracts them into the container and they fall in and drown. They said not to fill it all the way to the top with beer or the slugs will just treat it like a bar. LOL

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

I can't remember where I got them last year, but Swallowtail Gardens has them.

http://swallowtailgardenseeds.com/perennials/echinacea.html

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

White Swan and Magnus

Thumbnail by Tex68
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Well it is very nice to see these pics of blooms. I am very envious of you all since all I have is lots of buds except for one bloom on CL. I have "Purity" for a white flower echie, buds no blooms. If we ever get two days of sun in row maybe some things will get popping around here. We are going for the record of fewest sunny days in June. Four, that's it so far. Clouds, drizzle, showers and downpours we have had almost all month. Yuck!!! At least I can dream of sunny days and echie blooms when you all post yours, so a big thanks from the "Is it really June?" northeast.

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Same here Ngam. Were both in the Northeast. We had a break for a couple days and every now and then. Now it's raining all day again and I think till Monday. Hopefully by Tuesday the sun will come out and it will be in the 80's.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

We had a few hours of sun in the middle of the day today sandwiched by clouds. So at least it is still up there, LOL. Same forecast for up here. Rain then clouds and a chance of showers until maybe thursday then hot and sunny, echie weather, yeah! I did take a look around this afternoon to prop up some things that have been knocked down to get their faces out of the mud and pull some weeds. The weeds seem to grow a foot overnight with all the damp, nothing seems to slow them down.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.