where are all the funny, laughing, giggling people?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

where have we gone? even in tough times we gotta laugh. especiallly in tough times we gotta laugh. if noone responds i'll know that i'm the only one still kinda gigglin' every now and then. what an interesting life i have led. it's trashy though for you oldest child types. anyway i hope i am not alone. sniff. and i am hoping that someone will come and play. i'll give you all of patti's toad lilies or charlenes daylilies. cocoa's and seedpickers roses. either or both. whichever you want. and also i know where there are a whole bunch of different clematis growing that we could get under cover of night.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

There you are Barbara, always the playful one, I think most of us are too hot to laugh, we are out there earning sweat equity in the garden,
Josephine.

Belton, TX

I still laugh at the heat...or is that hysteria?!...what is NOT to laugh about? We Garden...is there better...?!?

I am really interested in the clematis...is it texensis!? I'm up for it...

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

the clematis is in a fellow dger's backyard. lol. i was promising plants from other people's back yards. and txaggiegal seems you are weak for clematis.

well am i the only one noticing that people seem so somber. i know some people have had trajedies but it seems to be more than that. is it me? is the economy hurting daves? maybe i am too sensitive because i was gone for a few months. i just have to have fun with all my buddies on here. but i can't get anyone to laugh. am i slipping? have i lost it?

and josephine i am so glad to see you post here. i guess i am sensitive and i think people are mad at me. seems to be that some of the folks i used to joke with are gone. how long have you been a daves member josephine? i bet you have seen a lot of changes on daves.

I have been a member of Dave's since February 2004 so a little over 5 years.
I love this place, and people come and go but they are no forgotten.
I am actually quite active in a few forums, but mostly about Texas natives, butterflies and organic gardening.
Josephine.

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

I am happy M-W-F and somber on Tu-Thur-Sat. On Sunday I play golf. :-)

Carla

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i haven't been a member that long. maybe we are just into a fresh cycle of people and they are as scared as i was when i first got to daves. i am always on the lookout for the new "goofy" people such as myself. send 'em my way if yall find any.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well carla today is friday. i wanna see some goofiness out of you.

Southlake, TX(Zone 8a)

So Mama, you are offering plants from other's peoples gardens? You are a card no doubt 'bout it!

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm lauging again. DH just bought me a new Corgi puppy. I didn't think I wanted one so soon after my darling Tinker died, but he insisted. Who can help but laugh and be happy with this guy at one's side?

PS. He wiggles his butt when he goes poo (can I say poo on Dave's). Its hilarious!

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

Lol! He is so cute! I know I've been somber lately but mostly just because I have been swamped with work at school. Also had some pet issues, had to put down my cat Ivy this week after an abrupt illness that came out of nowhere. I wasn't prepared for that. Then my dog jasper got bitten by a snake last week. But overall things are good. I think everyone could definitely use more laughs!

:) Kim

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

I think Corgi's were made to put smiles on our faces. What's his name?

Kim, sorry to hear about your cat. Our pets simply don't live long enough.

Carla

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Kim, I'm so sorry about your kitty.

And new puppy's name is Santo.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

txaggiegirl.......terri's got canna too if you like those. she is close to the clematis. it could be a twofer.

that pup is cute. what's a corgi? is that the full name? what kind of dog are they? where do they originate from?

and kim for some reason i never knew you were a teacher. thanks. what grade?

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

I try to keep a sense of humor! But really, some people are not exactly laughing all the way to the bank these days, if you know what I mean. The economy tanked and things haven't exactly been joyful out in the world. So seek joy in little things, if you need to. The sight of a beautiful blossom, the sweet smile of a child, the playful antics of a pet, the wonder of nature on a pleasant day, the taste of good old comfort food, the feel of cool water on a hot day, etc. Hang in there if you've had a bad day, tomorrow should be better!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Awww, Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. So sad!! Hope your dog is going to be okay after the snake bite. That's serious stuff!

It's almost too hot to do much of anything except lounge around inside with the AC going and the fan blowing. I pulled a muscle in my hip on Sunday evening sneezing while preparing dinner. Ouchie!! Doing better, but still unable to do much bending so I'm not out cruising the gardens as much. DH's been a champ, though. He's been so helpful with the garden, tending it, pollinating cukes, zukes, melons, and squash. He's been harvesting nightly, carrying the little basket I use to collect my haul. So funny!! Will be glad to see some cooler temps and some rain!

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

So very true Linda! Mamajack...I am not a teacher, I am a graduate student and hopefully will finish soon. So much to do in the next few months....

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

yep. that's what i remember that you were. a student. i had forgotten. well you will be a teacher and i thank you now and always.

i feel the same way stephanie but we just got started didn't we?

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

I don't know about anyone else but my veggies bit the dust once this heat wave began. That's one thing about Texas I don't like. Back home in Ohio we had veggies all summer long. Here you have to try and beat the heat. And sweet corn, oh how I miss sweet corn. No one seems to grow that here, understandably, but back home there would be people on the roadside selling it all the time. I guess you can't have everything huh? Still, no snow wins out!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

You have to start early here in TX, but the good thing is you get 2 growing seasons, too.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

kim i also didn't know you were from ohio. yes we do have 2 growing seasons.....both short. lol. my tomatoes never had a chance. no sun with the rain. and now no rain with the sun.

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

Yep, same here. That dry spell in the spring got everything started late, and then by the time everything was looking good it got too hot and dry again. Oh well. The fall season never works well for me for anything but cold weather veggies. It is always way too hot still in late summer to plant fall tomatoes so I gave up on that. But lettuce in the fall is nice. Gee...the weatherman right now is bragging about our 20% chance of rain on Monday, and the temp highs will be back under 100. Only in Texas!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

What about my roses? am I safe, because I (and the roses) are in Denton?
Someone please tell me about rock rose? How large do they get?
Kim, I am so sorry about your cat...it is never easy.

(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

mamajack, please add the trumpet vine in my back yard to your list of other DG'ers to take *freely* on these night raids you're organizing.

Oh and bermuda, lots of that, too. In fact, if you take enough of it, I'll make you a cake. ;)

I love Corgi's - they are little clowns, aren't they?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

This is the Rock Rose I have and it gets about 3 foot. If it is this one your asking about, it can handle anything Texas weather dishes out.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/57756/

Quilter....good thought....I have Obedient Plants, Horseherb, Elephant Ears you can come snag. LOL!

My sympathy for you Kim. We had to put one of our cats down a couple weeks ago.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

you keeping up with all this txaggiegirl. denton is on the list. yall i am having my fun over on the snowpeak iris co-op. patrob is doing most of the work so i get to play. and i have been reprimanded twice. and this time... for once... it was for following the rules.

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks everyone, and Shelia I am sorry to hear about your kitty. It was a very unexpected thing. The vet suspects it was symptoms of a brain tumor but I guess we will never know for sure. She was only 10 so I wasn't ready, but at least she didn't suffer long. I can be thankful that everything happened rather quickly for her sake. I still have Sebastian, my other cat, and my dog Jasper to keep me company. I am thankful for both of them.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I guess we better get off of our sad kitty tales Kim....this is suppose to be a funny, laughing, giggling thread per Mamajack!

Maybe we can start with a smile. This is Feather who loved running water giving tongue to the spitter fish.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

lol. yes we can all find a lot of sadness but i NEED to laugh and goof off. last night was so much fun on that co-op thread. i got in trouble twice. double fun.

i went away for a few months on daves and when i came back it all seemed different. i haven't been here as long as some of you and haven't seen the groups cycle through as some of you have. so i just got to wondering what was wrong. and i guess it is that there are a lot of new people that don't know each other. and most people are afraid of making fools of themselves in public. good thing i don't have that problem, huh?

My cat Brat will follow me around meowing if I'm watering with the hose. He always wants to drink from a running hose. Even if I fill a container of the fresh water...he might drink a little, then he starts again...wants the hose. We joke about getting him a water fountain so he'll be happy (maybe!), but never have.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I think DG, in general, is a lot more silly in the winter when people are pooped from doing actual gardening. :-)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I actually garden in the winter...in my dreams! LOL

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i do garden in the winter. there are just a few really awful days. used to it was too cold for me. i was a wuss. but now that i have menopause i ain't no wuss anymore.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Linda they sell drinking fountains for pets. I had one a few year ago and my cat loved it.
http://www.petmate.com/Products/Deluxe-Fresh-Flow-Pet-Fountain__24850.aspx

My cat follows me around outside to brush her, she loves to be brushed on the garden bench, then she wants her belly rubed, what a life she leads!!!
I love being her servant, what can I say, she is so soft and purry.
Josephine.

Thanks for the link, AJN!

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Hi my TX friends, Thought you might like a lil dark humor. Got this from a friend today.
I used to live in Overton,TX. It's been awhile since i've been over here. But always come back to see whats happenen in TX. HAVE A GREAT DAY.

A guy was sitting at a bar just staring at his drink for half an hour when this big trouble-making biker steps next to him, grabs his drink, gulps it down in one swig and turns to the guy with a menacing stare as if to say, Whatcha gonna do about it?
Th poor little guy starts crying.
"Come on man! I was just giving you a hard time,' the biker says.I did'nt think you'd CRY."I can't stand to see a man crying."
This is the worst day of my life, saysthe little guy between sobs....I can't do anything right.
I overslept and was late to an important meeting,so my boss fired me.
When i went to the parking lot, I found my car stolen and i don't have insurance.
I left my wallet in the cab i took home.
I found my wife in bed with the gardener and my dog bit me.
So i come to this bar trying to work up the courage to put an end to my life and than you show up and drink the darn poison.!

Very cute Cando1.
Josephine.

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL!

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Cando, that is a great joke!!!

Carla

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.