where are all the funny, laughing, giggling people?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, No, Yes, Grrr, Not!
No chance...Trois' Blu thread was pulled but think was really out there and tough to beat.

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

I was poking around in pots of plants that didn't survive the summer this evening, thinking to reuse the pots. Tried to get the potting soil out of one, but something rubbery-like was in that pot. Then I realized that something was alive as I poked with my hand! After that, I saw eyes! I'm leaving it in the pot. It's either a frog or toad, must have dug down deep into the pot trying to get cool and moist....poor thing...what an awful hot dry summer for some critters to have to try to survive! At least it's cooler now!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, I bet that was the only place that he was sure he would get water in this heat. I hear them from underneath my small poly pond. They get under the lip, and when I add water it always overflows. It is also in a flower bed and gets the sprinkler. Unfortunately it is right under a bedroom window!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

But it is such a beautiful pond and looks like it has always been there. The entire garden looks like a place where nature did her very best.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Christi. I am sure you feel that way about Debbie's river walk. I couldn't imagine our yard without our large pond for sure. One of these days I am going to post my before and after pics in my diary. We look back and laugh as you do I am sure; when we first started out and our yard was so bare.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

no time to move the thread tonight but will tomorrow.

are you saying i have no chance to win the prize for the longest thread? is there a prize? lol. and like how far is out there? and why was it pulled?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, you have no chance, LOL! It ran for a year and had over 2500 posts with 5000 views, and took so long to load that it was taken off. After Trois passed away Dave did reactivate it so others could see that hadn't. Not sure it is still out there now, but it was filled with silly no-content about all things blue. Blue things in pictures and thoughts. I think a lot of it was done when people were up late and needed sleep! LOL!

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok here's one. A friends six year old niece was visiting when she was breastfeeding her new baby. The little girl had never seen this before so she explained what she was doing. After a moment of silence the little girl said "my mama has some of those but I don't think she knows what they are for."

Good one! LOL!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

sheila........but we have over 300 in just a few weeks. we could easily reach 5000 and none of our posts are silly. they are full of meaning and intelligence. aren't they? hehe we could do it in a lot less time than a year. still no new thread. going to happen though. it's the amaryllis co-op and i can't think now.

but is there a prize? someone ought to suggest that to dave. who wants to volunteer. what should we ask for? i'm sure ol dave will ante up, ain't yall? i want a car or an acre of land. tell him that. what do yall want? i wanna know.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I would lice a 40 acre spread somewhere in Texas where the weather is perfect. Is that asking too much?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

alright now that's what i wanted to hear. and it would all be good except for the perfect weather part.

who's gonna go to dave with this?

No such thing as perfect weather in Texas....BUT if you can tolerate some extreme heat in summer, some dry spells, occasion flooding, some cold in winter...well, some people would like it just fine. I'd just like 5 to 10 acres with nice DEEP fertile topsoil, a nice little house, enough rain to get by most of the time, etc. But I don't think ol dave can afford a big prize like that. Seriously. His name isn't Bill Gates.

Dahlonega, GA

It sure would be easy to pad the thread too . Not a good idea , for the extra work for administrators . Maybe an expensive set of hand pruners . You all can change my name to Kiljoy . lol digger

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I have no intention of writing anything full of meaning and intelligent on this thread! I prefer silliness.......

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

extreme silliness.

but wait digger.........what do you mean? work for admin? by us talking? and we didn't take it personal. and besides you did put in for a hand pruner.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I think I will say this to the person who makes it so I can not breathe while standing in line at the store, or docotor's office or department store or heck just when ever this the comment that needs to be made. Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

oh my son has this stuff that is ok after it settles down a little. a girl gave it to him. but what he does is gets me and e.v. in the van and then he sprays himself for about 5 min. the stuff burns your nose.

where are you digger? i wanna know how my longest thread to be in the history of daves makes more work for admin?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

hah............new link

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1034844/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.