Still waiting for blooms...

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

...but a few are getting closer. 'Pink Poodle' getting a bit of color. I have been enjoying others' pretty blooms and can't wait to contribute a few more myself. Any new ones blooming in your gardens this week?

Thumbnail by ngam
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I can't wait to see your Pink Poodle bloom! Your blooms are further along than mine. I planted mine in a more sheltered location since they were plugs. The blooms are starting to get ready to open. I can't wait to see these. They are going to be beautiful. I can tell by your photo! I have 3 of these.

I'm hoping Pink Poodle will start to branch out more. All of mine have one stalk and two at the most. I'm surprised that Tomato Soup is outperforming it for me.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

We are finally having a sunny day! Halaluya! Maybe now a few things will color up and bloom. The one in the pic is on the main stem but there are five or six buds coming from branches and a few side shots as well. The plant is 36" tall and the bloom is 3 and a half inches wide. It has been so cold and wet all month, I'm surprised anything is still setting buds. I will post another pic when it is fully blooming, hopefully it won't be long now.

ngam,

Did your plant come as a plug or larger? I love double blooms on these!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I got it from GC in a 5"x5" pot I believe.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Also eagerly awaiting a photo of your opened "Pink Poodle" bloom. My "Pink Poodle" is kind of just struggling along/growing sloooowly.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Not quite fully open but getting there. A sunny day yesterday, so I got a pic. It's raining again today. :(

Thumbnail by ngam

Thanks for posting. I like it. That is one funky looking bloom!
Jon

Here's my Pink Poodle! I love it! It should look even better in a few days.

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Nice overhead shot. I am liking these too. A good sized bright pink bloom that you can't miss in the garden. Takes awhile to open but it will be worth the wait I think.

It looks like its opening like all the double blooms. I remember seeing my Coconut Lime open up for the first time and thought "what's up with that...it looks like a plain ole single". After a few more days, I figured it out.
Jon

Jon,

I think the double blooms last longer because the center keeps gradually opening. This is one of the main reasons I like the double flowers better. The petals on the single blooms fade and dry quicker.

I'm still very new with the doubles, but I think you're right. I've only had my Coconut Lime for about 6 weeks and my Pink Double Delight is now blooming for the first time.

Pink Double Delight is the best! It has tons of blooms.

I hope mine blooms like yours. Here's the first bloom today on "Pink Double Delight". I ordered it online and have had the plant about 3 or 4 weeks.

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Second year for PDD here. Lots of buds and just starting to bloom now. The slugs got at the leaves pretty good before I sent them on their slimy way. A nice little plant for the front of the border. I really like the double echie too. Can't wait for the dark orange one too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images