CLOSED: Free Seed for Newbies!! Come on in!! 07-01-09 New thread!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

New Thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1009428/

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1007596/#new

This link will help you find information about seeds and plants, how to plant , zone they prefer, color etc.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/

New Thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1009428/

This message was edited Jul 2, 2009 5:10 PM

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ok here we are!!

To get your free seeds

Be Sure to put your dmail name and a note of wants in your envie, along with return name and address
Address exchange is here http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/
You have to add your information to be able to access everyone else's

We came from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1007596/

Please feel free to Dmail me with questions
Many of us "oldies" and some Newbies would like to share our seeds with those of you new to Dave's. By new, we mean you joined in the last 8 months(or so) and are a paying member.
Send me a SASBE (Self addressed, stamped bubble envelope) and we'll send you 10 packets of seeds. (Usually more, depends on our stash) That's all there is to it. Let us know you are sending your envy. Just Dmail me with sent envie today in the subject. You will get a good variety of good seeds.

If you can, stick a note in your envy and tell me they types of things you like. Veggies and Flowers, some seeds you are looking for, stuff like that. It will help me fill your envy. I can't always get just what you ask for, but will try.

Postage keeps going up so now we need five usually,

Send 5 stamps and an address label with your name on it.
4 of the stamps will go back on your return envy, the extra will go into the "pot" I don't use it for personal use, but it helps when some mail comes with postage due and when the "oldies" send boxes of seeds sometimes there is postage due.
Best thing to do is just send me an empty bubble envy with your label and stamps inside. I can use that same envy to send your seeds back. Saves that envy!!
Also, if you will scotch tape the envy to send to me, I can use the self adhesive and won't destroy your envy pulling them open when I get them. That stuff is "tuff" and I end up with mangled envy's going back to you

Please make sure you put enough stamps on your envelope you send to me. An empty bubble envy is at least 84 cents, so two stamps. If you are sending seeds, it's more of course.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR D MAIL NAME WITH YOUR ENVY.

I am in the address exchange, so you know where to send the envy. If you can't find it, just d mail and I'll shoot it right to you. At the top of your home page, you'll see the link "EXTRA'S" ,Go into that link, scroll down and you'll see the address exchange this goes to the exchange http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/ you have to add yourself to the exchange then you can get my address.

Oldies! lol If you would like to donate seeds, it would be great.!! I know how much I loved it when I was new and someone sent me seeds to get me started. Now I want to pay it forward and maybe you would too.

For those of you who would like to help the newbies, but just don't have a lot of seed, if you would like to trade for seeds, that is great as well. Send seeds for the newbies and I will send you the same amount back. Put a note in with your DG name and let me know what you are looking for also.
Happy Gardening Everyone,
Robin

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 4:44 AM

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

1. Globe Thistle won by topofMurrayHill week of 6/13 donated by Arejay59 (Robin)
2. Evening Primrose won by LateBloomerToo week of 6/20 donated by mittsy (Mittsy)
3a. Purple Shamrock won by Cue_Chik week of 6/24 donated by seray53 (Sherri)
3b. Iris Mescalero Chief won by locakelly week of 6/24 donated by mamajack (Barb)
4. Twofer 6/27 donated by polly K (Polly)

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 4:46 AM

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Morning Robin!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Well, Good morning Cue.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

GM all very short on time this morning have to go south for the winter LOL . Visiting day with Gds so will talk to you all later.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Have a good Visit Flower. See you tonight.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

So did anyone catch the flub up? Hi everyone!!! I am not sure who I told and who I didn't so I am going to post it here and you can tell each other.
I leave for vacation Saturday July 4th I wont be back until Sat July 11th. Last year while I was there I had no internet connection , I don't know if there will be one this year. Just remember someone is here watching over you all while I am gone. I am working out the details of Saturdays scramble I will update you as the day progresses.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 5:28 AM

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Flub up? Where you forgot to name the winner of the twofer? or did I miss something else?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh the twofer...is Mittsy tracking that too or do we need another tracker for the spur of the moment and unplanned winners and gifters?

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Arejay59, I want to donate plumeria seeds. Do I send the seeds to you?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes you can send the seeds to me. Thank You. Well actually do you mean seeds for the newbie envies or a seeds for a scramble we have had one of those lately too...Haven't we Mekos?

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm sorry but the threads get really long and sometimes I just can't read them all. I volunteered to keep track of the Saturday winners, but that is about all I can handle.

Mittsy

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL, Mittsy, I dont blame you... you walk away from this thread for an hour and you come back and 150 posts have been made.. its alot to try and catch up. Most of the time, I can only handle going back and reading the last 10 posts, hoping thats enough to at least give me an idea of what topic everyone is discussing...LOL. maybe we should have a post limit... say 200? Then make a new thread. Some people are still on dial up and trying to load a thread with 500+ posts is nightmarish.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

We can do 200 that is about the limit for dialers...The last one went so fast it just wasn't even believable. They usually last a few weeks if you look back. This one was ready to be made a new one in less than a week.
That is great Mittsy. I just wanted to be sure I had not goofed it!!Someone will volunteer to track the others.....right?
Someone remind me when we need a new thread ...or everyone....

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Good morning everyone Flower enjoy your trip, I see everyone behaved after I left last night.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I know ...It was quiet...can you believe it!!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Happy Wednesday the oneth!! It's July already!

Al

Morning All

I'm on vacation this week and late morning coffee sure is good. Give thoses gd's a hug Flower. Arejay we'll miss you next week. Hope you're gonna have fun!

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Morning all. CUE_CHIK you have Large black hollyhock and black double hollyhock and white double hollyhock all on it's way to you. If you don't want the white one to put in a different garden just trade it with someone.(maybe a nice gesture for your calla lily) anyway, she d-mailed me and said she mailed them out this morning to you.( I gave her your add) Hope you enjoy them. People have to be nice when the computer goes off. BAD internet service- that is the reward for living in the sticks.( you can't have fun when no one is around). Arejay have fun on your trip and tell us all about it AND pictures, when you return. We'll really try to behave.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 10:22 AM

Orlando, FL

good morning all
mekos you cant behave you started with me already or last night
arejay have a good time
and all the rest have a good day i am going to work just wanted to say hello,
is the new word coming out tonight

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good morning everyone!!

Robin - have fun on your trip. Where are you going (sorry, I'm nosey!)? We promise we'll TRY to behave while you're away . . . That's all we can do.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone...thank you all for the good wishes and...the promises to be good while I am gone. Kelly I am going to Jonesport maybe Eastport too and Machias for sure that is where I buy all of my spices.... at the hardware store. I am hoping for sun to chase seaglass in on the beach in Jonesport I'm taking my metal detector and a good book. Other than that there is Tall Barneys for Fish sandwiches and french fries and New Friendlies for Fried clams and coleslaw and onion rings...and I plan to visit them both more than once. I will take lots of pictures collect any seeds or plants I might come across and fill you all in when I get back..

Yes we have a scramble tonight at 6pm and KT1, Kelly, Cue has not only donated the Three count them three plants for the holiday scramble she is doing leading taking care of the scramble..So be good to her kids...Besides she is a writer..who knows what she might tell about us all.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oh Robin, you will have such fun on the coast!! Good for you. We'll be nice to cue. You might tell her she needs to be nice to US - LOL.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Uh, how did we end up on the Plant Trading Forum?

Westford, MA(Zone 6a)

What is this scramble?

Enjoy your trip, arejay. I love looking for seaglass, and I intend to do just that next weekend in Islesboro. I have collected enough over the years that I am going to make a seaglass lamp (basically a tall carafe filled with seaglass).

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

I'll be off a while next week too. I'm getting the second half of my cataract surgery next Monday. Right eye fixed two weeks ago, left eye due July 6th after the holiday weekend. I just can't compute with all the drops and stuff. Just gonna lay low and rest for 2 or 3 days after. I think it'll take a few days to get my life (and brain) back in focus.

Everybody have a great, and safe Holiday weekend!

Al

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

See what I mean Peony there is one now.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Islesboro here in Maine nice place...they are building a new bridge did you hear?

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Bless you AL. We'll all be praying for you. Hope everything will be better when it's over and you'll see better. My dad had that done and got 20/20 vision. He had cataracts bad. They removed them and he healed nicely. You just take it easy and keep your eyes closed while arejay is away, we wouldn't want you to get in any trouble on your watch.hehehehe.
Arejay you find us some pretty new plants to fight over. Do you know how to climb a tree in case you see florida butterfly orchid? (smiling big time!)

Good Luck Al!!!!
If you get too focused just check back in for a moment. That'll take care of that!
LOL

Sherri

Thumbnail by seray53
Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Those are beautiful seray.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Seray you have such pretty stuff.
Hi Al, You will do fine. My Mom had it done too says it was the best thing she ever did for herself. She doesnt know it was great for me too cause now she can see to count all those seeds!! I collected enough to fill several of the carafes you speak of Peonie and a couple of other things maybe I could fill. Maybe....I duess I would be labeled one of those that when I do something I get a little I don't know extreme ,, maybe.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

aJan, I can climb a tree but my guess is I wont find any butterfly orchids growing in Jonesport Maine. I will look though I guess stranger things have happen.

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Hey robin, I sent you the last 2 red magnolia vine seeds I had. Mailed out this morning. You just go find us some purty plants AND HAVE FUN. We'll be here when you get back- BIG smile-WINKS too. We'll be good. We promise.

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

RIGHT twins and Blondie?????

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

You all keep your eyes open for newbies checkin in right? Make sure you make them feel at home. Be on yours bestest behaviors right? Like Peonie up there don't let her get lost.

Westford, MA(Zone 6a)

I think you're more "up there" than I am, arejay. By about 3 hours.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh yes they definitely got to you!! Are you seeing this everyone she can even go back and forth betwen the two threads already and keep up. Oh this is real trouble brewin here. I can taste it!! There are three now triplets it isnt good!! Hang on to your plants!!

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

You go peony! You got her number don't you? This really will be fun. I can already feel it heating up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.