Coleus Chatters thru July 31st

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Since things are slow I have taken it upon myself to run this one to the end of the month....

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Dale. Don't know what we'd do without you.

This is Jingles.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Live happily ever after (that is one option).....

It is green>

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Jingles is neat

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Onewish,

Jingles is becoming a favorite. Notice the three leaves? They all seem to want to do that. My coleus are finally looking up. At least some of them are. They are way behind where they usually are by this time. Strange weather for sure. Monsoon season stopped abruptly and now everything is burning up.

(Zone 5b)

I too like Jingles!

The weather here in IN has been odd but luckily my plants are now starting to look fairly nice.

Here are a couple of unknown that I purchased from Lowes...
(this first one is somewhat darker in person )

This message was edited Jul 9, 2009 3:45 PM

Thumbnail by BonnieIN
(Zone 5b)

One more.. if anyone could ID that would be awesome!

Thumbnail by BonnieIN
Deland, FL(Zone 9a)

I've got a buch of those-called "limelight"-
I think Dale had some and I believe he called them electric lime---

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

that looks like my electric lime from Dale-

a great grower- i haven't pinched at all and it's branched nicely, and has had geat growth compared to all my other coleus that started the same size when transplanted...

hope you're enjoying it too:)

joy

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Bonnie,

The first one, I believe, is called 'Henna'. It changes color as the weather warms (or cools).

Electric Lime stays the same color, warm or cool.

(Zone 5b)

Thanks Joy and Dale. They both have grown into very nice plants.
At the time it didn't matter what the name was, but good to know if I ever send cuttings to anyone.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

I'm lovin' my Electric Lime from Dale too. Bright, in your face kind of green. It's a keeper.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Rvnsbrk I did notice the 3 leaves.. pretty cool looking... slow here this year as well

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Took a few pics this morning. This is some of Dale's Electric Lime with Funhouse and one I don't have marked.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

This one has Stormy Weather, Electric Lime, Desert Sunset, Trailing Psycholeus and Mt. Washington.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Mixed containers ....

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Floyd, VA(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous containers, kiddo. That Electric Lime really is stunning. Guess I'll have to bum a cutting in the fall. :-)

"Mom" Martha

(Arlene) Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

Juanita your containers look so pretty and I love your gazing ball too.

Thumbnail by Gardenia731
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Arlene and Mom,

That's actually an oil lamp Arlene. I think I got it from Gardeners Supply or something like that. Light it sometimes to keep the bugs away.

Any luck on the "search" yet??

Hugs,
Juanita

I gotta make a note of that. That lamp is beautiful but will have to go on my "Wish List".

Nah... filling out lots of apps online and sending resumes but no luck yet. I am sure something will show up eventually.

♥♥♥♥
Arlene ^_^

Stockholm, Sweden

Juanita, how fun - your mom is here too! I didn't know.

Hi Martha!

You're posting such wonderful photos of healthy and happy coleus.

I have to admit, that cute 'Trailing Psycholeus' I have never heard of before, very interesting with new coleus aquintences (how d'ya spell that word....:-))

Alice

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Hey Alice!!!

Yes I talked my Mom into joining Dave's Garden. Trying to keep some of the addictions in the family. :0)

Trailing Psycholeus was a freebie I got last year from RD. It is vigorous to say the least. Doesn't really trail, just kind of leans over.

Juanita

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very nice containers Juanita

Floyd, VA(Zone 6b)

Hi Alice. I am mostly a lurker, not a chatter, but I feel as if I know you, just from the lurking. :-) Same goes for all you ladies.

Martha

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Took these this morning. I don't think I even told my Mom about this container. I just finished making my dining room into an office and I wanted something to look at from the windows in there. Got this big watering tub from Tractor Supply. It was damaged and wouldn't hold water, but works great for me. I painted it and then threw in some cool caladiums I got and lots of double impatiens which are becoming my favs.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Close up...

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Limon Blush for Joy...

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Last one. This illustrates my frustration with the "Name Game". 2 different tags. Both from Proven Winners. One says Lemon Sunsation, One Lemon Twist. Can you tell the difference??

Juanita

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Floyd, VA(Zone 6b)

Hey, Juanita, I love the watering tub arrangement. I knew it was in the works but forgot to check on the finished project. I think I'll have to change offices with you--all I see is a wall! :-)

"Mom" (Martha)

Stockholm, Sweden

Juanita, I agree with you, they look exactly the same .... how can Proven Winners sell two identical plants? (well, maybe one becomes more yellow than the other later in season, so there MAY be a small difference, but it is hard to spot any difference now.)

I hope you will post photos of them later in season, it will be interesting to see if they still are identical....
Alice

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

A 5 year old hanging basket, probably Trailing Burgundy>

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

That basket rocks Dale!!

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

It is very attractive....

So is Pele>

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very nice combos Juanita

Juanita that is a very pretty container.

Pele is another favorite.

Not sure what is the name of this one.

Thumbnail by Gardenia731
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

It is India Frills, grown in a shady place.

Inida Frills, in a sunnier place>

(Zone 9b)

Gosh so many pretty ones! Do you believe I have not potted my coleus up yet? I have them all over but not in their fancy ceramic pots and few combos so far. I seem to be moving in slow motion. I am so late and I have no excuse except its me.

Gosh a 5 year old coleus. That is amazing. I see they have shade cloth over their backyard. Must get so hot there.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

In Florida, at this time of year, it is hot everywhere. Temps in the mid 90's with humidity to match.

Red Planet doesn't like Florida's summers. It is leggy and weak.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Kell so good to see you!! Miss everyone here. It has been way too quiet without Brinda. We gotta fix that! Everything is moving slow here too Kell. Mostly me. :0)

Juanita

(Zone 9b)

Thanks Juanita. Poor Brin is so worried about her Mom who has moved back into Brin's house. She is not doing well. Brinda is so worried about her.

I have never seen Red Planet before. Such great color.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.