Longears, anyone?

Phoenix, AZ

I'm cross-posting this from the Southwest Forum. The discussion and photos of donkeys and mules are very interesting. Thought some of you might like to add your experiences and pics. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1012272/

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

What happened to our funny giant donk owner here? Where did she go?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

She has had a physical set back of sorts. I also know she was very busy with her garden and she was gong to NY to visit relatives. I sent her a dmail as I have been missing her wit and banter very much. I'll let you know if she gets back to me. I hope all is well with her.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I've been looking to get some mini donks. They are so cute :) Want mini horses, too.

Lana

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Lana,

I wish you were here..Someone dumped 9 donkeys out in the BLM and we are looking for homes.... grrrrrrr..

I have 2 minis. I got them at a meat auction. Really..who eats DOKEYS????

Ginger

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Likely the same folks who eat horses. Hope they are not too hungry. There is a lot of bone and grissle on a donk. LOL

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Did you see the CNN article today? People are stealing pets (horses) and butchering them for meat.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/10/horses.slaughtered/index.html

Ginger

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Haven't seen any TV today. I am in the middle of a move. It doesn't suprise me.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I have a TV in my new place I stay in durring the week...but I never plugged it in.

Go figure.

Ginger

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Are you working away from home during the week?

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Yes. I work 135 miles from home all week.....I live in Bend and work in Eugene.

Ginger

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Oh, poor donks. Yes, I'm still looking :)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

That's a long way. Who is taking care of your animals?

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

DH....emphasis on the "D"

Ginger

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

We had a kid showing a mini donkey at the fair this past week. First time I'd seen one.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

That is GREAT!!!!!

Ginger

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

There is absolutely nothing cuter than a baby mini donkey! There are so-o-o-o cute! That would be some very stiff competition, a little kid with a baby mini donk, no way to beat that in a show ring!

South Hamilton, MA

Except the others in the show ring at 4-H are kids too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images