Echies on steroids! One month makes a big difference!

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Most of us agree that Pink DD, Meringue, and Coco Lime are prolific bloomers. I have previously mentioned to you guys I bought gallon-sized containers of these plants from Lowe's about a month ago. Well, here's some comparison shots from a month ago then till late yesterday afternoon.

Starting with Pink DD:

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Coconut Lime

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

And Meringue:

There's no sign of stopping. More tiny bloom stalks are on the way on all three.

This message was edited Jul 15, 2009 10:17 PM

Thumbnail by Tex68
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Aren't they awesome! 3 of my favorites.

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

This Doppelganger got but 2 blooms last month. This is a 2nd year plant and I'm patiently waiting for a double deck. Looks like it's going to happen.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Yeah Maniac, even the PDD plugs I started mid-spring got several blooms now. I wish and I'm hoping my Coral Reefs will be as vigorous as these three.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice photos. I underestimated the Double Decker. For some reason I thought that was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen just from looking at photos of it. Now, I'm starting to think it's kind of interesting and unique.
Jon

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Here's another Double Decker

Thumbnail by Tex68
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Lovely pics of lovely blooms. I have also noticed since the sun has shown up for more than one day in a row and the temps have turned more towards the summer averages that all my echinacea are growing faster and looking much prettier. Your 'Sunrise' is very nice as well.

small town, MN(Zone 4b)

I am so happy finally found Pink Double Delight at a nursery yesterday for $12.99. The plant looks very healthy and is blooming seems like a fair price for the plant. Will plant it in my garden today and enjoy this beauty.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

These are still the top performers of all the new varieties for me. I would also add Razzmatazz to the list. It's nice and tall and would look good in the back of these!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.