rocky mtn iris swap?

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

I have a LOTS of NOID iris that I still have to divide this year. Anyone interested in some trades?

Thumbnail by greenjay
Santa Fe, NM

Very pretty iris, Greenjay. I have more iris than I can handle right now. Not enough space.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Those are gorgeous, Greenjay. I was out of town when you posted. New iris are out for me as well. I have way too many already. Almost all named. But I would send you some if you would like. Colors you don't have. let me know what you are interested in. I suspect that photo of being Jurassic Park, a Dykes Medal winner -- but can't guarantee it.

Glenwood Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Greenjay,

Yes I have no Iris to trade with you today, but maybe we can work something out.

Brand new barren rock and dirt covers most of the landscape. However some of my beds have been developed out front and are now host to a plethora of reblooming daylillies. I am sure some Iris would work out very nice for the short term until I get my Iris beds going.

I live in Glenwood Springs, Colorado.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

I have found that iris are the best thing to plant first in a new bed, even if it seems that the soil is not ready yet. The roots don't go down that far, and if you cover them lightly nov - march with chopped leaves, then uncover in march, they do spectacularly well. they also display well with rocks, which we have lots of.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Now you see why I am so in love with them! I have 1/2 acre of rocks and am building slow as fast as I can but not as fast as I would like.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

I have lots of no-name bronzish and medium purple ones I could trade but they're mixed together and I can't tell them apart right now. I'm trying to make room for an order of tubers that should arrive soon.

Thumbnail by Katlian
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Lovely iris, Katlian, but I am only interested in giving iris away, not receiving any. If you can think of any colors you would like to have, I would consider sending them to you. Maybe others would like to have the ones I would have gotten in a trade.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Just spotted this thread - I have this NOID to trade.

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

i would be happy to trade NOIDs in quantity. Just dmail me with addresses.

thanks!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Would you like some of mine as well? As long as you don't send me any in exchange.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

sure, if you insist!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I insist. I will be dividing soon. In fact I have already started. Will save you some. Iris society rhizome sale is this weekend.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Katlian & Greenjay, do you want to trade just a couple? Paja, I would love some of yours too. I'll take my chances on color - I have only the one in my pic plus a pure white.

Santa Fe, NM

I need to thin mine out. Sure wish I had more space!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

sure. since you are nearby I could save some postage also and deliver them. Just dmail me.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I will send you some lisabees. I am just starting to thin. Are you in the address exchange?

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

Well, I would like to send at least 4 rhizomes to each person who wants them to make sure they get both colors.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

All I have to trade/give are some NOID purple iris. None of my others are ready to divide yet. If anyone wants them, D-mail me.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

As I recall, Denverjude, you have some really lovely iris. I will not be able to plant any more new iris this year though. But I encourage others to take you up on your offer. Katlian, too.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Thank you Paja, yes I'm in the address exchange (as of 5 minutes ago).

Katlian, 4 of mine for 4 of yours works for me.

DenverJude, If yours are different from mine http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6869898, I'd be glad to swap.

Greenjay, I sent you a Dmail.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Okay, I have started digging. Will ship in a week or two. Good for you on the address exchange, lisabees.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

@ lisabees: my iris are very similar to yours. I think the beards are white instead of yellow, but I can't remember for sure.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

@lisabees: here is what I have http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6514257

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Denverjude & lisabees, I think your irises are different. I don't see any yellow on Jude's iris, and yellow shoulders on lisabees. That is a big difference in iris identification.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.