Micropropagation

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I almost have all the supplies I need to start my Echinacea tissue culture experiments. I'll be posting pictures here when I get this going. I'm not promising I can do this, but it will be fun to share it with all the other Echiholics anyways. When I get the rest of the supplies this week, I'll be sharing my progress in this thread.

(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

Waiting in anticipation...Could totally get into this!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Sounds really interesting. Most of the new ones are patent protected but as long as you don't try to sell them is it okay for personal use to propagate them?

ngam - I have been propagating mine anyways by division. I don't intend to sell them. I just want to have more of certain colors and bloom types. I also have some hybrids I intend to propagate of my own.

Waterloo, IA(Zone 4b)

Not legally....but I doubt the plant police will be knocking on your door if you are not intending to sell, trade or gift for that matter.

The most important thing to think about is ones character in breaking the law as the plant patent is protected by law. Asexual propagation is prohibited, which covers TCing and division even for ones own use.

I am starting the process today! I have the media prepared and autoclaved. Now...it's on to the explants and the waiting game. I'll do the explants in the morning. I'll post photos tomorrow night.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Is this different from the "easy clone" thing you were talking about a couple of months ago Clint?

Jon - I'm doing both. This is different. This is the way they make all these plugs. LOL.

Huntersville, NC

fascinating! ^_^

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Looking forward to seeing the processes and hearing about how they compare.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.