A double decker rudbeckia!

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

I got this 'Radiance' Black Eyed Susan for two years now and had no idea it will turn out to be double-decker.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Here's another 2 starting to form.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

And a group shot.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Boston, MA

Interesting. I'd love to his this in my garden. Perhaps you've got a new "hot" plant.
Ayah

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Ayah - got it from Lowe's last year under the NJ 'native' plants section. Have not heard or seen it before, but the blooms in the tag looks like 'french fries' which caught my attention. They only grow about 10' tall, but the blooms are humongous.

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

ok i was the newbie that thought i had a cone flower.... but was told it was a type of sunflower,,,my plant is over 6ft tall,,,and here is a pic i took today..

jmr

Thumbnail by janemarierose
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Jane - wow! That is gorgeous! What you have is a type of Heliopsis. They grow really tall as what I said in the other thread. Sometimes they are referred to as 'false sunflower'. But I never thought there are double decker varieties too.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

How beautiful!

I have a "Henry Eilers" Rudbeckia that's about to bloom. I can't wait to see that one too.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Tex.. Are the bloosm all startign to do that or onyl them two?

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Starlight - the newer ones are starting to be like that. Somehow all the blooms are always double or there's always something going on around the cone or the center top of the cone. Then it became prominent as a double decker. Just like the echinacea double decker.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

OHHHHHHHHHHH ! I want.. I want... LOL : )

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

mine was by seed i think,,,,last year only flower grew so i did not think anything of it being new to flowers,,,i dumped a bunch of purple coneflower seeds in this small area but must be they never grew and the one flower spread,,,i'm not sure how i got this plant

jmr

Boston, MA

Tex68, guess I better pass on this one, 10' is too large for my small space community garden. As I've said, I only have a 8x19' space to grow my flowers in.
Ayah

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Ayah - LOL! My apologies! I meant to type 10'' (10 inches) tall NOT 10' (10 feet).

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.