Echinacea Seedling

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Just thought I'd post a first bloom on a seedling out front. This Echinacea is branching extremely well. It's kind of unique as the cone is orange with a green eye and the petals are white with pink trimming. The seedling has popped up in between "Tiki Torch" and "Green Envy". I'm guessing it's either a seedling from one of them or a crossing of the two varieties???

Jon

Thumbnail by amorecuore

Here's another photo of the same bloom.

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Oh how pretty. Isn't odd that they have babies that you have to wonder where the heck did that come from. Nice green eye too. I have a pink one that popped up right next to 'Sunrise'.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

It's pretty. I think I like some of the seedlings better than the store bought plants.

Yeah, it is kind of neat. There have been 3 babies this year in various spots, but this is the most unique and best growing of the three. Before they bloomed I thought they were the original plants spreading, but none of them were.

LOL. This one stands out because it's growing in between two pathetic looking hybrids (Green Envy and Tiki Torch).

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Awww, Jon...You are the parent of a purdy seedling, too:)) I wonder if the seedlings won't be so picky as to climate where you are. I guess you'd think that only the most hardy would do so well. Survival of the fittest, so to speak?

I was thinking about that. Perhaps they will do better because they have grown, from the start, in one location.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.