Can someone ID This?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm pretty sure I picked this up thru a DG Co-op. I had it last summer 2008 but can't seem to remember if I got it in 2008 or 2007

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I had it tagged last year but lost the marker over the winter and have tried to go back thru old Co-op threads but can't seem to find it. Sometimes I pick up extras at the end of the Co-ops and don't get them written down. I'd really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

It doesn't look like a named variety to me. It almost looks like a cross of Pupurea and White Swan. I've had seedlings that look just like this. The only cultivar I've seen with coloring even close to that pale is Echinacea "Hope." However, I think the cone is much larger on that one.

This message was edited Aug 3, 2009 1:20 PM

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Echinacea Bravado? Shape looks the same. I don't know about the color. There's too much light/sun in your photos that makes the color a lot lighter.

Here's my Bravados.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Close-up

Thumbnail by Tex68
Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm not sure either. I was thinking the same as Clint, but the cone doesnt seem large enough for it to be "Hope". It kind of also looks like my Bravado. Even that new one you can grow from seed, Pink Parasol, went through my mind.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I was thinking 'Primadonna' because of the color but it doesn't seem to droop enough.

Thumbnail by ngam
Boston, MA

Does the flower have a green eye in the cone or is it my eyes?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, I'm afraid that none of those rings a bell. I was hoping that if someone came up with a name it might be familiar.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

I get the feeling the original coneflower didn't come back this year and that perhaps this is a seedling from one of the blooms last year. This could be a possibility.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I have very few cone-flowers none planted anywhere near this one. I looked for a pic from last summer and couldn't find one. It looks like I remember but that doesn't mean much. LOL

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

This plant reminds me of Echinacea "Pink Parasol." You might want to check that one to see if that's it.

Navarre, FL(Zone 8b)

It sure looks like 'Hope'.
http://www.terranovanurseries.com/m/pages/plants/echinacea-hope.php

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.