Answers to questions and concerns ...

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

LOL! You have a good idea there, Debra! I would hope that everyone will check out information about each species on the internet before planting. But it might be a good idea to put a little note with the seeds. I plan to do that with the seed swap. Add a little sheet of information and suggestion gardeners look the plants up before sowing them so they can plant them responsibly. That way the vines will be enjoyable instead of a nightmare! LOL!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

yeal well, the messina creepers are in the swap and they are going to have a warning sign on them !!!!! ( I am going to do a wire sculpt with them this spring) starting some in the basement garden already.

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Ohhh! What a great way to use the Messina Creeper vines. They would fill in a wire sculpture very nicely as fast and thick as they grow! How do they propagate? Seeds, runners, roots or all three? LOL!

This message was edited Nov 17, 2009 8:11 PM

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

well I was looking at the seedlings I started last winter.. tiny dainty things// then I had them in a pot outside by the fence.. one died.. so I put in the seedling of the setosa i also winter sowed.. .. the messina creeper was a fence eater, I thought I would lose the setosa, but together they grew.. sending off runners everywhere.. I just trimmed them with scizzors all summer.. so I think that a wire form will be good. the trunks of those two vines are about two and a half inches in diameter now, of course winter fried.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.