ET Fall RU Trade Thread

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Phyllis are you sure it is the 10th? I though it was supposed to be 17th.

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

yeah the 17th it was my fingers making typos corrected it is the 17th

Wells, TX(Zone 8b)

once again not many plants but Ive been making elephant ear castings and hypertufta/concrete containers Ill be willing to trade for "stuff"
any takers???

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is what I have for trade. I have them in two categories, common and special.

Common;

Forsythia plants
Rootbeer plants
Javanese Glory Bower plants
Clerodendrum White Butterfly plants
Harlequin Glory Bower
Zebra Grass
Japanese Maiden Grass
Bananas Orinoco
Pink Garden Phlox
Violets large
Alstroemeria
Bananas, lots
EEs;
Pink China
Big Dipper
Chicago Harlequin
Illustris
common single Brugs
LA Iris;
Black Gamscock
NOID dark pink
Cannas tall 9', red leafed, small flower

Gingers Hedychium;
White Butterfly
NOID orange
NOID yellow
NOID unknown, does not get enough sun to bloom.

Gingers Curcuma
petiolata- hidden ginger

Special;

Brugs; doubles and rare singles.
Too many to name all, I'm just lazy and I don't know what will be ready to cut by then.

Gingers;
Hedychium;

Kewense
Tai Conch Pink
flavescens
Dave Case
coccineum
Dr Moy-limited

Curcuma;

Panama Purple
Emperor
Zedoaria
Longa

Costus;

pictus Red Stemmed

Wants; forgive me for not having a list of what plants I have but what I want is plants I do not have.

double Brugs
EE
Bananas
Gingers
named Iris
named Daylilies
Japanese Maples
Dogwoods, prefer colored
Amaryllis
Toad Lilies
Hostas
Hellebores

Yes, I do want a lot but as anyone who has been to our home can tell you we have lots of rare and unusual plants and are usually pretty loose with them. The common stuff just does nothing for me. If you have something that I really want, I will trade double or triple to get it. If you have nothing on my want list but you can get it at a local nursery and want to spend the money I will really try to more than make it up to you. If you have nothing I want and can not afford to buy it, I will still try to give you something you will enjoy. Anyone who wants to come by our home is welcome at any time and I will send you home withsomething you will like. Thanks.

blackraven2- Gingers, Brugs and EE

This message was edited Aug 25, 2009 5:57 AM

This message was edited Sep 6, 2009 12:00 PM

This message was edited Sep 9, 2009 8:12 PM

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Saving a spot for trades! Looking forward to the 17th!

OK - finally getting around to makin' my list:

Texas Natives

1ea - Asclepias tuberosa (Butterfly Milkweed) 3gal pot ( GONE to Josephine )

2ea - Lantana horrida (Texas Lantana - yellow/orange form) 1to2 gal pots (1 - Sheila,1 - Trishann ) GONE

2ea - Malvaviscus drummondii (Turk's Cap, Red Mallow) 1to2 gal pots (also I'll have 3 small pots w/4-8 seedlings each)

1ea - Manfreda maculosa (Spice lily, Rattlesnake Agave - wonderful fragrance) 1 gal pot GONE to Kenboy

2 - Variegated Agaves (Agave augustifolia variegata)1to2 gal pots (1 for DD, )

3 - Duranta erecta "Sapphire Showers" (Pigeonberry, Sky Flower, Golden Dew Drops) 1 gal pots (1 - Trishann)

2 - Epiphylum strictum (Orchid Cactus - a night/early morning bloomer - wonderful fragrance!) 1 gal pots

2 - Hedychium coronarium (White Butterfly Ginger - wonderful fragrance) 1 for Charlene, 1 - Trishann ) GONE

3 divisions of Kaempferia pulchra mansonii (Peacock Ginger - low growing) ( GONE 1 - Charlene, 1 - Phyllis, 1 for DD )

will add more items later

Bringing to:
Charlene - Butterfly & Peacock Gingers, assorted Amaryllis bulbs

Josephine - Asclepias tuberosa , gift

Ken - Rattlesnake Agave - Delivered

Phyllis - Peacock Ginger

David - Var. Agave, Peacock Ginger

Sheila - Tx Lantana

Mindybsgarden - Turk's Cap, Duranta erecta

Trishann - Duranta, Butterfly Ginger, Lantana

Becky = Duranta
Receiving from: Charlene - 2 bags of Mushroom compost

Josephine - Mex Plum

David - Korean Foxglove

Phyllis - Lion's Tail

Ken - Ginger

Sheila - Sweet Flag, Stand. Cypress seed

This message was edited Oct 12, 2009 8:42 AM

Well, here is my list finally.

Texas Native Plants
-----------------------------------
4 Frostweed
2 American germander
1 Cowpen daisy
1 black Nightsade
1 Mexican plum tree, small
1 Smooth Sumac tree, in gallon pots

Non Native Plants
-------------------------------------------------------------
1 Calla lily,
1Jerusalem Sage
1 Pink Mexican Petunia
1 Mexican hydrangea
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for these plants.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coneflowers
Yellow or red Columbine
Blackfoot daisy
Four Nerve Daisy
Native Milkweeds
Paw paw tree
Black-eyed Susan
Salvia coccinea
Parsley and Fennel
Roving sailor vine, Maurandella antirrhiniflora
Citrus trees, Orange or Lemon, for Giant swallowtails.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't have what I am looking for, I will trade for a bag of Perlite, soil, compost, alfalfa meal or manure.
Josephine.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Promised to Ken
1 Fig tree, Texas everbearing, small

Promised to Charlene
2 Salvia guaranitica

Promised to Lee
1 Mexican plum tree, small

Promised to Mindy
1 Passiflora incarnata

This message was edited Sep 4, 2009 12:30 PM

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

This message was edited Sep 16, 2009 12:31 AM

Hutchins, TX

This message was edited Sep 3, 2009 11:46 AM

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

I think I've been asleep..lol.. but i am happy that y'all agreed for Loves lookout as it's 30 minutes drive closer to me . I'l be there if at all possible.. with bells on!!

saving this spot

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Beck! I hope to make it too - How's the banana doing?

saving this spot

Hey Esther... the naner is growing..lol.... I hope you can make it to the RU!! I wish I could come to the the RU in Arlington, but i am in the process of possible surgery, and i know that one will be out for sure

Carrollton, TX(Zone 8a)

I can't make the Arlington one this yr either - Hope to see you in Oct!

Sorry that you can't make it to Arlington Ladies, hopefully next time, but I hope to see you in Jacksonville.
Josephine.

TY Josephine... it's... a 5 hour drive for me to Arlington.. I am lurking over there though..LOL... glad we'll be able to see each other at ETRU!

Yes, I always look forward to seeing you and all the other good East Texas people.

(Karen) Frankston, TX(Zone 8a)

Saving this spot for trades...hope I have some after this awful heat, LOL!

bump

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Trades offered:

TX Mist flowers
Tall Mex petunias purple
Mother of thousands
Salvia cocinea (lady in red) some of these are very large, I have some small also
Airplane plants varigated
Rooted yellow lantana
May night salvia
For very special trades Large sweet autumn clematis these are huge & some are blooming
Arrowhead plants varigated
Moss verbena (purple)
Illustris EE
Unknown hardy hibiscus plants very large will dig upon request White with pink tinge and maroon eye.
Rooted mums of various colors

Wants:

Pink turkís cap
White turkís cap
Gingers any kind
potted butterfly bushes
elephant garlic
pregnant onion
reg garlic
bald cypress trees
magnolia trees
large rocks (small boulders that can be handled by one man)
potted climbing roses (no cuttings, as I have yet to master rooting roses)
peppermint crepe mrytles
weeping willow tree cuttings will be fine
zone 8 tolerant plants that grow fast and get huge
amarylis bulbs
Cone flowers I have purple already
Brugmansia doubles and heavy bloomers and those good for hanging baskets
Belladonna lillies (aka Naked Ladies)
Schoolhouse lilies
Agave augustifolia variegated
Pink Mexican Petunia tall and dwarf
Columbine any kind, I donít have any now

Trades I have made:

Lee: 2 bags of Mushroom compost
For:
Kaempferia pulchra mansonii Peacock Ginger
Hedychium coronarium White Butterfly Ginger
assorted Amaryllis bulbs

Josephine 2 Salvia coccinea and 2 gaillardia
For:
Salvia guaranitica 2 calla lilies and garlic and Texas Betony

Mindy: Tx Mist Flower, Red Velvet Cockscomb, Monarda, Milkweed seeds, very large sweet autumn clematis
For: lace cap hydrangea, reg hydrangea, honey bells Hosta & Huskers red Beard Tongue
autumn fern and some daylilies

Shelia: sassafras trees and Mealy Blue farinacea, passion flower incarnata in hanging basket, monarda citradora in 1 gallon pot
For: fall obedient plants Raspberry monarda and butterfly bush seeds and black and blue salvias

Becky: mushroom compost
For: Amarylis bulbs and fall obedient plants

Trishan:
Rooted yellow lantana
May night salvia
Arrowhead plants varigated
Illustris EE

For:
Butterfly Stepping Stone
Wind Chimes
Red Amaryllis
Pink Mexican Petunia
White calla lily

Lemkegarden: Sweet Autumn Clematis
For: Pink Autumn Sage

This message was edited Oct 11, 2009 8:38 PM

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Charlene - I have a few different types of amaryllis that I'll bring you - I think I remember you asking about a Red Lion, which I have and I have what I think is Apple Blossom and somethin' else...can't remember the name right now...but I'll have it soon. I have a low growing
ginger - some call a Peacock Ginger - its name is Kaemferia pulchra that I'll be glad to bring some for you (pic of flower attached)

I'd like a bag of the compost please, if still available Thanks! I'll be posting my other "haves" soon...when I get a list together,...maybe I'll have some other things you'd like as well! Lee

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Oops,...forgot the picture of the Kaempferia pulchra

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Well, Lee, I read your d-mail before reading this. How about two bags of compost for all of the trades you are offering?

BTW how is your snake bite injury? Have you made a complete recovery with no lasting effects?

Charlene

I know I have Mexican petunias, red salvia to share and my lions tail finally came up but after the wedding I will kick into gear and go through things to know better what I have to share

Lee thats a lovely lil flower

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Lee, there are lots of Kaempferia pulchras, do you know the cultivar? If not do you have a picture? I would be interested in a piece of this, if you have enough after taking care of Charlene. I have lots of Gingers you may be interested in. Thanks.

Hello Everybody, I have posted my plant list, please check it and see what you might like.
Josephine.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello Josephine I would love the fig. It is not on your want list but I have lots of Gingers.

Sure Ken the Fig is yours, it is small but it is rooted. You are already giving me the Sassafras.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

I know but I am trying to get you hooked on Gingers. My bad.

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Josephine, I have plenty of the Salvia coccinea. That is the plant that you first identified for me as TX betony and it turned out to be the salvia coccinea. Is that the one you are wanting? If so, I'd love to trade for your salvia guaranitica. I have some that has already been potted up for a while and is growing in a one gallon pot.

Charlene

Yes, that is the one, the Salvia guaranitica is yours.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Ken - I was told it is K. pulchra mansonii....but I'm not anywhere near knowledgeable enough to be certain....that's the extent of my info...the picture is shown right below the intitial posting....having perused the Plantfile page...I saw what looked like other photos that looked like my plant's flower....I thought it was somewhat common....with so many other photos....but regardless,....I'd be very happy to give you some!! I've had this for several years....since I was 1st stricken by the "metal flake" effect of the flowers coloration.

Charlene - hey girl,....2 bags of compost is wonderful! Thanks for asking about the snakebite......doin' very well now...no more noticeable
effects....except, perhaps,...a bit more wisdom (smile)....and a little less bravado/recklessness

Phyllis - Yep,...the flower is what initially caught my eye....the foliage reminds me of that of a "prayer plant" type...with the subtlely striped
leaves.....goes dormant during winter and sprouts back out about late spring each year....I hardly water it during winter.
BTW - if you have any Lion's Tail available down the road....I'd like a sample! Thanks!

sorry I'm late getting my list up...I'll try to get that done within the next couple of days Lee

Lee I will grab a small one for you not a problem
do ya have any of those extra?
I do know I am looking for drought tolerant and perennial plants
I have yet to get my full lit of what I have to share up but after this weekend I will get er done LOL

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Phyllis - Yes I'll have some for you! Thanks!

Josephine - I'll have some 4 Nerve Daisy for you!

Lee

Buffalo, TX(Zone 8b)

Phyllis, most of my plants are drought tolerant and are perennials. Which ones do you prefer?

Do you still have any cane? If so, I'd like to have some plants or poles or both.

Charlene

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Phyllis I would love both bamboo to plant and some poles. But not as big as the door prize when I was there. Mine is a small truck. I still have my sign with my screen name. I love it.

Thank you Lee, what wold you like from my list?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

A Mex Plum would be nice! Thank you, Josephine!

O.K. Lee, you got it.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Lee but I already have that one, so how about I bring you a different one. I have about 8 different ones and 1 Cornukaempferia.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Would be great, Ken....hopefully, I'll have somethin' else you'd like! 'til later, Lee

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.