It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

1999 & 2009 before & after

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

10 years ago, when we 1st moved in, I didn't know very much about gardening. Now it's packed full of annuals, perennials and roses.

Thumbnail by joannabanana
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here's a little comparison

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Back Yard North

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Back yard garage2

oops wrong picture

This message was edited Aug 12, 2009 12:29 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

South back yard

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

oops here's the garage view

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

roses/veggies and East

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Side of house backyard

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

nice evolution

Pretoria, South Africa

Wow! You have reason to be proud...

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Joanna
Now you are really ready for the RU you are hosting!
I'm going to miss seeing it in person this year.
Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Joanne - I knew you did a lot in the yard, but this Certainly puts it into perspective!
Amazing what you can do when you put your heart & soul into it!!!
I was showing my DH what you'd done, and he was busy looking for the tiniest differences lol He's a contractor @ heart, that one!!
I'm looking forward to seeing it, in person, on Saturday ^_^
You're amazing, Joanne!

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

oh my goodness how beautiful! I live in an apartment now and miss my big yard so much. You have done so much work and it shows!

Pass Christian, MS(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the preview, you have done an amazing job!
Looking forward to seeing your work in person on Saturday!
Cheers
Cath

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

It'll be good to meet people I've never seen before ^_^

Columbus, OH

Joanna, I am just reading this post & looking at your pictures. I must use your welcoming sign " MY HOUSE MAY LOOK A MESS but you should see my garden."

Love all of your gardens.

confussedlady

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh my! That's a pretty cool set of before-and-afters...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks Ladys,

I'm hoping to get the patio area done this year, which will clean up things a bit in the back yard. I lost about 12 Hybrid Tea Roses from a extreme freeze last October. Temps were unusually warm for September till mid-October. One day it went from +16C (61F) to -16C (3F) within a few hours and stayed really cold for about a week. Guess the Roses couldn't handle the quick drop in temp. Some of them I had for 5+ years :( Need to figure out what I will do there too.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Joanna - I can hardly wait - sold our place (mobile home) and are looking to put an offer on a place in Marlborough. I should do as you did, and take "before' pics!
It'll be different in 5 years - I guarantee it LOL

Too bad about your losing the roses - same happened to the miniature roses your daughter got for me. They're done, too...........

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I took out all my roses a couple of years ago after I went organic. They were just ugly with bugs and fungus, black spot and rust when I stopped spraying chemicals. So far this year I've found 2 very small volunteer rose plants. I guess the birds want me to grow roses again. A lot of folks in the neighborhood are growing Knock- out roses. Do they produce viable seeds (hips)? Are they propagated vegetatively?

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images