Harvest Moon 1/2 Price Sale

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I just found this on Bluestone Perennials...

http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/ECHMP.html

This plant didn't grow well in my garden, but if any of you want to try them, they are on sale at Bluestone for $5.47...At least your loss won't be as bad if it fails. LOL.

Cynthia (N. Kansas C, MO(Zone 5b)

I bought five to try - they're so pretty! For the money, worth trying, you're right!

Thumbnail by hanseycollie
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Ok - I must have a dog like that one.

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

I got but one Harvest Moon and it's not growing too well either. Only got 2 blooms another on the way but that's it.

Hansey - that is a fine, good looking Border Collie you have. I always like big dogs. Used to have a German Sheperd,
then an Alaskan Husky, a giant Schnauzer and now I don't know how I ended up with two little pugs. LOL! I call them
"Gremlins'!

Thumbnail by Tex68

Tex68, you'll love our Charlie then. He's a Pekingese - basically originally bred from pugs and shih tzu's. He definitely is a small dog by personality, though. He'd eat a German Shepherd alive, ha! I love Huskys - our neighbors had one who, unfortunately, bit me once and they had him put down. He was afraid and bit me, but his mom was afraid with their four kids that it could happen. Just was such a sad deal for us all... :^( Your pugs are so darling - I love pugs! Do they snore and snort a lot - my sister in law's are so noisy when they sleep it's hilarious!

We are in zone 6, do you think it'll grow better here? Cynthia

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Oooh, lookit Charlie's face. Yeah, my pugs snore and snort a lot! I mean - BIG TIME! LOL!

That was unfortunate on your neighbor's Husky. Mine was a tragedy. He got hit by a car. He was the only one I had that was never on a leash. Since he was a puppy he was never more than 5 feet away from me whenever I'm around. Even walking in the street, beach, or park. He was always by my side. But alas he wondered off and got hit by a car. Sad it was, couldn't blame anybody but myself.

As far as growing Harvest Moon - I think it depends on the plant itself. I don't put a lot of trust on the Big Sky Series. It's always the draw of the luck.

(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

I have several Harvest Moons and either they don't do well at all or they have to have more sun than the rest of my echs to do well, I haven't figured out which! I am going to move them all, I think and see which one it is. They are all piddly this year and just didn't do much of anything.

Cute doggies! Had to throw in a pic of my own, the temptation was too much!

Thumbnail by funnthsun

Oh my gosh, what a darling dog! What kind is he/she? Sooo incredibly cute - post photos anytime! I love to read about flowers and see what kinds of dogs are out there. Here's Han on bath day smiling... tomorrow he goes "therapy dogging" at the nursing home. Have to share him!

Lexi's a labradoodle, we have a FEW of them around the house, LOL.

Here is her sister, Regan. They are just sweeties, that's for sure.

Thumbnail by funnthsun

Oh my gosh, she is darling. I see the poodle, but a labrador mixed in? Can't see it ... she looks like she's a really happy lil dog - almost like she's smiling! A few, as in 3? We're at two dogs and four cats (down from six). Thanks for the photos! They are precious!

Thanks, they are both wonderful dogs and we are happy that they include us in their family :)

A few as in seven (it was a LOL to me b/c we are breeders, so we always have a "few" :) Right now we are 7 and eight pups, we always have a fun, happy time playing outside, that's for sure. My two boys, 5 & 7 love having pups all the time, of course. That would have been my dream come true when I was a kid!

Here is a pic of the new arrivals. They are about 4 days old now, I think.

Thumbnail by funnthsun

Oh my gosh, I wish I could get my hands on those babies - I love, love, love puppy breath! I'm a dog lover, always have been, and my husband is a veterinarian who is a cat lover - doesn't make for a good combination. We are finally at six animals & 3 vaccuum cleaners, ha, and have made a vow (!!!!) to adopt no more. :^( My goal in life is to eventually foster collies or take older, unadoptable collies until they pass ... our home right now won't allow for it. Someday! Thanks for sharing!! Cynthia

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.