Which ones do you love that the beetles and bugs don't?

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I love the white echies but my 'Purity' seems to have opened at the same time more or less that the beetles of all types also emerged. They no sooner open then are turned into swiss cheese overnight. I am seriously thinking of replacing them, even though they are nice strong heavy flowering plants with another white flowering plant. Maybe shasta daisies or another echie that the bugs aren't so fond of munching. Maybe a double white if they are less susceptible. Last year wasn't as bad but eventually they were all nibbled and looked ratty. Has your experience been the same? Any that aren't attacked in your garden?

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I think the beetles like to eat them all. They love to take about of just one petal and ruin the blooms. However, the double Echinaceas don't seem to look as bad when they get bitten. In fact, I don't think the bugs bother them much at all. I think the white blooms just look worse when they get bitten because the white is such a contrast against everything else. I'd try some double Echies....maybe Milkshake to be exact.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.