The Drought Did it?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

see next

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Co-worker just told me, "Another guy in our group lost a horse this year because of the TX drought.. almost the second."

Reason? "Shortage of Hay"

UM! Ever heard of GRAIN?! ALFALFA Cubes?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

That's a tough place to be when you can't get hay. We had a rough time 2 years ago. We had hay but couldn't feed them as much as we wanted to. We used beet pulp to make up the difference. We like the results so much we still use it and always will. Only Tug and Ben don't get any. We even feed it to the pigs.

South Hamilton, MA

My older horse was fed beet pulp in CT. We were able to use pelletised feed when we moved here. He hated the beet pulp--smell when wet? One day he realized the shetland outside had hay & took the half door to the outside off. It was hung on a 2X3 board & he took it right off the hinges. glad that it can be useful & that some horses like it.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

see, that's just it. hay is only hard to find if u don't look or ask. I have a barn full.

strange...

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

meaning...the horse starved to death? I thought they called that cruelty.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

If the horse was lost to no hay, I would think that was cruelty. What about feeding something other than just hay?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I heard it second-hand.... so bear with me a little..

"He said the heat & drought were too much for one horse - who died, and another who almost died."

How does that happen?!?! Who would be so inattentive that an extra bucket of water & block of hay couldn't be dropped??

Venting.. sorry... but it does make me angry..

South Hamilton, MA

To say notheing of washing the animal down. If the hose could not be used because of water shortage, a bucket could be used for that as well.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

No kidding....

People
Are
Stupid

And I've yet to be proven wrong ....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images