Fair results

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

DD did well at the county Fair. Wed. night she contested. Placed 3rd in Pony Barrels,3rd in Sr. stakes, and 4th in Sr. speed and control. Thurs. was english day. Placed 2nd in pattern class level 1, 3rd in novice equitation over fences, 2nd in green working hunter and grand champion in hunt seat pony pleasure. I have pics and will post them later as they are downstairs.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Congrats JumperKid!
Good Job!
Way To Go!

Hip Hip Hooray to you and Pony Both!

(and Yay to Mom for keeping everything neat, tidy, and organized!)

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

We must see!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Stakes- weave down and back through the cones

Thumbnail by jumper2
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

4-H club. The big trophies are from State Fair. DD is in the first row,far left.

This message was edited Aug 21, 2009 2:08 PM

Thumbnail by jumper2
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Running barrels. This was Alice's first job with DS. DD is still getting used to full speed.

Thumbnail by jumper2
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Warm-up

Thumbnail by jumper2
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Jumping

Thumbnail by jumper2
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Some more jumping

Thumbnail by jumper2

How exciting!

What a horse!

DS does barrels? Fabulous photo, both are so focused....

Gosh, and nice tuck over in the second shot over fences eh? (Like I know poo)! Alice is a good girl huh?

This message was edited Aug 21, 2009 9:13 PM

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

DS used to run barrels. He gave up riding so DD took over. She and Alice have been jumping 2.5 yrs. Alice is a very good girl. She's a horse that always needs something to do. Dressage is too boring for her, but some of it would help her resposiveness. That is a work in progress! LOL. Alice gets bored easily. IrisMA calls her my border collie, lol.

I have some sort of issue with going slow, that I'm getting over.......I will only canter for a sec on KK, but galloping with Lacy takes the cake.....so the slow, collected, all focused and concentrated is growing a little bit on me, but the wind and the wheeeeee and are doing what we feel like? flying? Make me giddy. She is getting too old for it I'm sure.... me too maybe. If I lean back just a little, she slows....

Great horses are priceless....

I just gave her old roping saddle to my vet for his boys..... Someone who can use it.

South Hamilton, MA

It is hard to rate a young horse--they also have speed that you are not used to. The US Equistrian team used to train here in the 80s & could train kids in patience as they walked all over town for conditioning. There is also a network of trainls here so somewhere interesting to ride. Around an arena can be boring for horse & rider. Ask Alice!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

We take her around the fields sometimes to give her a change of scene. It helps with the boredom of circles.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2009 9:57 AM

The ads are getting a wee bit out of control.....

South Hamilton, MA

Which ads? Don't get any.

There was a big one with a dog on it covering the lower right quarter of my screen! If I was on my laptop, I wouldn't have been able to avoid it. Like the Off one that was on top for awhile... If you arrow over them, they start - expand and/or start speaking to you.

South Hamilton, MA

I have had it occasionlly, but not often. GD starts school on Wed. so will not have as much time to ride. Hope she can keep Alice up to show shape.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I'll have to make sure I have the time to help with that. Maybe I'll get into shape too.

South Hamilton, MA

Jenks: I tried to get a match for the D-mail & couldn't find it. Re ads: someone on northeast gardening had the problem. If ads are on DG, they were told to contact an administrater & it would be fixed. How are the horses doing in the hear?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Congrats Jumper and Jumper DD... Our fair is in a few weeks, and I have only entered BIlly in the lead class and am not doing the gymkana on the advise (Ok the Stern Lecture) of the Doc. I am still not completely healed from the fall I took roping, and so he has suggested that I refrain from any gymkana riding for the next month. I can maybe pleasure ride after this week, but we will see...

Congrats again JumperDD

South Hamilton, MA

Good luck to Billy. Using his new saddle?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Not sure, it would be classy, but he does have his western saddle.

We went shopping for clothes, we have to match in the arena... NOTE to SELF...NEVER let a 3 year old pick out clothes. We wound up with Matching Red Shirts and Black Wranglers.. LOL 129 bucks later we walked out with our fair clothes. He is happy, me Not so sure... We should make a bright pair... I do have a red halter for Gracie, but it is a tied combo lead, halter. I need a red lead only. She will be in Dark blue saddle pad and leather halter.. LOL we sure will stand out.

South Hamilton, MA

Colors for the fair sound great, if expensive. Perhaps he will be a fashion designer of western attire when he is older.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

lol You will never believe this, found the exact same shirts at walmart for 10 bucks for him, and 9 for me.. So at lunch today I took back the expensive shirts to the Boot Barn... Kept the wranglers, since that is all I wear and when it turns cold, that is all he has.

Found a red lead, and a friend of mine has a rebel saddle blanket mostly in red, that will work.. LOLOL

South Hamilton, MA

Sounds like you're on the ball.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I cant wait, and we will have our yearly pix's done at the fair to give out with Christmas Cards. We should make a striking pair if nothing else

South Hamilton, MA

Pics for us please also after the fair.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I will

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

You have to post pics, Jester! It could have been much worse if he had wanted black shirts and red pants!!! LOL

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

LOL he did pull out his sisters red boots...I drew the line on that one... a few more days till fair

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Can't wait to see the pics.

Richmond, TX

--But the red boots would have completed his outfit! (You just didn't want to have to get some too.)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

MJ, Lady in Red!!! LOL

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

LOL porkpal, I already have some... It is just not fitting for a boy to wear red. I am waiting for the cd of us, but here is a preview

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Looking at the picture, I guess he could have used an new pair of boots, those are his favorite work boots... Oh and that is the back of my little truck, still have the duck cage in the back... LOLOL

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

That's one good lookin' cowboy! He is really growing up.

South Hamilton, MA

Looks like he was having a great time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images