New bees chit chat thread...Seed Junkies welcome 09/08-09

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I think a families of seed addicts group would better serve!!

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Catch all those seeds you can, girl. They will be pretty next year in your yard. We won't tell on ya. Isn't it funny how newbies become so much like us after showing up here for a few days?hehehaha I love it.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

JLJ- Too funny! You are fine- look at it this way- You just helped it out by removing some extra that it didn't need to feed and by doing that, it will have evn more new growth and blooms! Feel better? Good! Anytime you can collect seeds, do it and don't be afraid to knock on doors to ask for seeds or cuttings. I haven't been turned down yet! LOL Some people on here even have sandwich bags and scissors in their car just in case! I traded a bag of chestnuts for a red canna, pink canna, and red hibiscus seeds last weekend. Too funny!

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

Don't plant too many ideas in my head. I'm fast becoming a monster already! LOL

Good night everyone!

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

You'll see just how much of a monster you'll become in no time! My DH just grabs his head when I start talking about my garden, lol. Gotta love it..

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Night you guys.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Night e1

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I really think we need a new thread here.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I will post a new thread this morning. I was waiting for someone to ask. I don't like to interrupt the flow....
Morning Flower...

Belles New Baby ....Welcome Seaver.....

Thumbnail by arejay59
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Belle, Seaver is adorable!!! Gotta love those little ones! Thanks for helping with the picture so we can finally see that precious little one.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Here is another Belles favorite...

Thumbnail by arejay59
Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

goodmorning all ..Thats a sweet baby..when they are that age makes me want another...My boys are teenagers now and even tho they still need me thay are at the age they need thier independence..we got another 3 inches of rain friday night ..Temp was in high 80's yesterday...Supposed to get a lil cooler this week.
Im ready for cooler weather, but not ready to see my flowers disappear for the winter..

Here is a picture of my dog "Judge" He has a drinking problem...

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

aww you really cant see him for the copyright...We adopted him from the pound, he was scheduled to be put to sleep that day...He has a mask around his eyes that makes him look like he has eyebrows and you can just see his expressions change by watching his face... he is cute but must have been mistreated badly because he is very shy of people...He doesnt bark or dig up my flowers so he is a keeper..Not much of a gaurd dog, only time I know someone is outside is if I see him walking sideways across the yard in retreat... LOL my DH has started calling him GOMER, cause he is a big ole dummy.....But we love him anyway...Trish

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

jlj072174 - you are int he right place.. we are ALL seed junkies here! However, this isnt a support group.. we are all just a bunch of enablers.. we will only encourage you!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Baby is precious and so is the "Judge"
A lot of folks are going to have to join
"Seed Scavengers Anonymos" especially
since fall is here and all those Tempting
flower delights are beckoning for us to
''please deadhead so I can produce more."

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

you'd be amazed at the seeds you can pick up fromt he garden centers and big Box stores. I always ask first, if its ok for me to take a few of the seeds from plants, which they give me permission to do. Also a great time to get end of season plants. my local Big Boxers dont like to have to care for plants for more than a month before they just ignore them altogether and stick em on the clearance shelves... I obtain alot of my babies this way. I just loooove a good bargain :)

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

I received this today. Such a good idea to bad they don't do it..When I was young & single I partied at the bars.. I'd see those I knew didn't work partying..Wondered how they could do it..The bartender explained He cash the welfare check..Why they as able bodied as me..Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
AND nothing has changed..????????

(Whoever wrote this one deserves a HUGE pat on the back!)

Like most folks in this country, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem). What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my Question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their a%$ - doing drugs, while I work. . . Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Amen, Amen... whoever wrote that also needs one giant Margarita and two Turkey Sammiches

Florence, KY(Zone 6a)

Is the Monroe Shocks ad at the top of every page on here incredibly annoying to anyone else besides me????

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Lolly.. you can go into your tools and turn ads off. then you wont see them annoying monroe ads anymore...lol

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Very good idea, Tubby. There would probably be a surplus for the Pres. to find out a way to spend.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ok.. Arejay... i think its time for a new thread here.. we are past 460 now. i cant close this one since you originally opened it...LOL

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Checking in everyone, finally got a little sun this morning, but calling for more rain later today. However, the week is suppose to be nice after today.(if they get that right). Hoping for sun so my seed pods will dry and my yard could use a little dry sunshine, to dry all the red mud up.
Beautiful baby up there. Great little mascot.
Love the doggy too. I'm such an animal lover, I like them all.
Well, got to clean up a little. Back later.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

NEW THREAD>>>>>> http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1042520/
Come on over
NEW THREAD>>>>>> http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1042520/

Twinsburg, OH(Zone 5a)

AreJay59 sent me over to introduce myself and join in the wild and crazy fun. I am a newbie. Went wild collecting seeds this year; my own, friends, by the library, you name it. I just renewed my Daves Garden membership today, so want to connect. Tell me what keeps you guys connected? How can I contribute to the wellbeing of this seedie group?

DJ

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Welcome DJ hope you enjoy our little nutty spot on Daves. You can help us out by being just as nutty as we are of course. Feel free to jump in on any subject we might be chatting about or start one of your own. We just love company here

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

What Mindy said...

Hi DJ! This is our latest chat thread... Come on over...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1055568/#new

Kelly

Florence, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow. I've been lost in Dave's Garden! None of my threads have been showing up with new posts. I know things slow down this time of year but I didn't think everybody abandoned the site. Does anyone else have this problem?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Oh Lolly we all get lost at times LOL Nothing so bad about being lost tho. You find lots of interesting things while trying to find your way back.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Did you get my dmail Dj and Lolly? I will check in tomorrow and see if you have found us!!
Happy Birthday again Kelly!! */*

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks;-)

Florence, KY(Zone 6a)

I did arejay. Thanks

Orlando, FL

hi all
just touching base
well goooood news, my son is now breathing on his own, when i got there today. he still has the ventilator and tube but all the breaths are his own. they put him on oxygen for 1 and 1/2 hour to get his lungs working and get stronger. i didnt know but his BP med was taken off yesterday, maybe after i had left. doing soooo much better. he is awake but still on a little sedation, will take it off when the ventilator tube is removed, i can talk to him and he has his eyes open, still acting fuzzy sorta, but soo much better, not fighting the tubes and all. well i am exhausted and am going to bed.

i want to thank everyone for the prayers
blondie

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Blondie this is the old thread so go over to the NEW one.
http://davesgarden.com/comunity/forums/t/1055568/#new
see if that works for ya.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.