New bees chit chat thread...Seed Junkies welcome 09/08-09

Wow We had rain like that in spring and everything took forever to dry out and take off. Are you under a flood threat? I'm surprised your internet works.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Any questions you have I'd be happy to answer if I can!

I want some of that rain mekos!

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

OK Loca- trying the rain dance to leave my house and go to yours. My internet is off and on, but the rain isn't a downpour all the time, but just never stops completely. It goes to light rain and then flooding pour then back to light rain, all day and all night.
Good night everyone. Check back in tomorrow when I can.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Me too nite all

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Good morning all. Sure hope that nobody is floating away! We actually got a rain shower yesterday, and it rained some last night too. But it has been very dry here, so no danger of flooding here.
Has anyone heard an update on Tubby?
Hope that all had a good weekend!

Morning Skellogg and Everyone

Looking forward to a busy week. We still have great weather not too hot! Haven't heard from Tubby or ILJ. Hope they are doing well.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

GM Ladies Hope everyone has a great day. Cloudy and dreary here and supposed to be that way for most of this week. That's ok too as I have some planting to do and this is ideal for it as it is some trees and bushes that have to go in the ground.

HI Flower Are your leaves changing color yet?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Not really They are just dried up and turning brown. I don't know what it is our leaves don't turn the pretty colors they used too . Oh some do but nothing like what I remember as a kid.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning Everyone. They are starting to turn here...

Thumbnail by arejay59
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Very pretty, arejay! Not changing much here yet, but will really get after it next week, if the forecast for this week is right. Can't wait!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Br-r-r-r-r! Chilly today! About 40 degrees, rainy, windy! Might have to build a fire in the fireplace, teehee! Hope the rain lets up enough for me to get some planting done. Still have so much to do before winter! Can't wait for the leaves to change! Besides, I need some for my lasagna beds. LOL

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Been fairly chilly here too, nights in the 40's but no frost yet. Our leaves are just starting to turn fall colors, likely won't peak for another couple of weeks or so. Weather has been beautiful though.

Son Richie is temporarily between job assignments so will be home for a few days. We don't see him often, he travels all over the country as an engineer for a natural gasline energy co-op. Since he likes to fly, we're trying to reserve the plane out sometime next week for a Fall foliage ride, but the weather has to be just right. We'll try to get a few photos in if we get off the ground.

Al

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Hi Al, Gosh, I'll bet he's (your son) probably been in our part of the country at some time or another then. We have a gas pipeline just a few miles outside of town. Funny thing tho, never ran the line to our town, so there is no natural gas here, only propane.

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

I'll have to talk to him about that. I've got to meet him for lunch today.

Al

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good morning everyone!

Robin - that's one thing I sure miss about Maine - the fall colors!

Our leaves peak at Thanksgiving. :) Oct. is seafood festival here. Everyone getting the last party in before the cooler weather.

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Hello everyone. Well if this rain continues, I'm going to row to that round up, swap meet Mechelle was talking about and save gas. Still raining.
Beautiful colors Arejay, can't wait to see fall colors Al. Should be nice from the air.
This rain is washing all my seeds away. What is left out there is mush now, and most is just gone. Oh well, maybe some more will get ripe next week and hopefully the rain will move on.
Wish we'd hear from the others-Tubby and ILJ, I'm a little worried ,now. Take care and talk later.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Parties and get togethers are great. I love great company, great food, and just gettin' together period. Thats one thing I miss about Calif. We had bbq's and get togethers all the time. There's nothing betterthan being surrounded by your favorite people. Row on Mekos! You can park it at the dock! I love fall too.. I will share some pictures with you guys.. Photography would be my other love.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

hello all ...Wanted to take a minute to speak...On my way out to pick my Grandmother(94y/o) a golf cart....her car broke down and her children dont want her to get it fixed (driving hazard) so small town police said she could drive to church and post office on a golf cart and he wouldnt say anything..I suggested a motorized chair but she said that was for old folks lol... Gotta love her..She still lives alone and takes care of her house and mowes her yard if my son dont get over there in what she thinks is a timely matter.. She still has a flower garden she tends to...Ha I collected seeds from her this year...Hope I have that much spunk left in me if I live to be her age!!!

Hope you all have a great day...Trish

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Yes, Mekos, definately getting worried about those 2. Sure wish someone would hear something. Still sending prayers for them both, of course.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Good afternoon everyone. 5 pints of pumpkin canned. One more canning session with them left but I let the neighbor lady have lids and now I don't have enough left to do a second canning. Not minding a bit either LOL rather get outside and see if I can finish my glad bed up today so I can start on the bed by the house, Next after pumpkin is blackberry jelly yummy my favorite.
Hope everyone is doing better and hope Shirley or Tubby will post soon so we know how he's doing. Hope ILJ is better by now too and just not able to get on.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I got BUDS on my BRUGS!!!! teeeeeeeny tiiiiiny eeeeensy weeeensy beginnings of buds on my Isabella!!!!!!

*does happy dance*

just had to share that with everyone!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

How many of you are in flood warnings? Hope nobody washes away. Heard on the news several are missing due to flood waters, and 2 dead due to flooding. Everybody be careful!

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

ooh yummy Mindy.. I want to learn to can fruits & veggies. That'll be my next challenge.

Congratulations Cue! We want to see Miss Isabella when she's decked out in her finery. :) Mekos is the only one I'm aware of that needs a boat.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Mindy, do can meat also?
Woohoo!! Brug buds! Way to go Cue!

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

HI Everyone. Skellogg I haven't canned meat yet but my MIL canned sausage and some of the meat from a hog. Can't remember them doing beef though. I helped with the saugage but not the meat. Gave my mom a jar of the sausage cause she was wanting a taste of the past. Poor woman never got that taste because one of my baby brothers eate the whole jar in one go. When she bawled him out he told her it was so good he couldn't stop LOL. I did give her another jar but he ate that one up too.
We are getting showers here but nothing to worry about in fact getting enough rain to keep the turnips, chinese cabbage and lettuce just right dampness.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

My dear MIL and my now deceased Gram and Great Gram always canned meat. Ranch women, always had huge gardens, raised their own food, pretty much. Always butchered beef, hogs, chickens, etc., and hunted every year also, venison, antelope, elk, etc. so canned lots of meat. I sure wish I would have paid more attention. Sure makes and easy meal when you don't have alot of time. And always tasted great!

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

My in laws raised most of their food rarely spent more than 25 dollars a week on groceries and household supplies combined until they got where they couldn't do it so much. MIL hunted rabbits(cause they ate her garden stuff) and squirrels (cause her dad made her go hunting with him when his boys wouldn't go) She never could make herself kill deer though said their eyes got her everytime. I'm working on getting back to part of their ways.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Praying for all my DG friends in the flooding areas.. Mekos, dmail me.. Checking on you, girl.. Seray, you too..

First day of fall today. I am off to school this morning so I will be back later tonight. Have an awesome day everybody ;-)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Everyone watch their Email if I have them. I sent a bulk mailing from Zaria's Brownie Troup!! They are going to the Boston Museum of Science!!Pre-forgiveness if I sent it to someone who did not want it.
I dont see the candy though if anyone else sees it let me know..
Have a great day
Robin
Whoops here is the link
http://girlscouts.qsp.com/store/SetSession.aspx?SupporterID=5923055&TemplateEmailID=15&SiteID=12&AccountID=476582&ParticipantID=2517029&extTrackID=Email01&LanguageId=1

This message was edited Sep 22, 2009 7:49 AM

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Did I scare everyone away?

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Arejay, We got sunshine today! I walked around outside just looking to see if the plants got washed away, but looks like they will be ok in a few days of nice weather. I have seed pods still on the plants with 1-2 inch sprouts coming out them. If only it were time to plant here. Don't think anything will be mature in time for blooms before winter hits. But carzy weather does this stuff. Did anyone ever hear from tubby or ILJ?
Did everyone survive the rains around here? We have more coming but hopefully the sun will shine for a while.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Jan it is just plain cold here. Sunny but cold good for the foliage to come....

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

When do you up there get your first snow?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey What is going on? I have been in and out on here the last few days as been on the go for 2 days and there hasn't been hardly anyone on here chatting. This is the first time since early this morning I have been on here and nobody other than you 2 have even said anything.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'm in and out checking in; just been really really busy:~(

I saw ILJ post on another forum, but haven't heard anything on Tubby. Sure hope he's OK...

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

More rain coming here too..Most of the previous rain has soaked in by now I planted irises yesterday then we got a slow rain last night, they looked really good when I went out a few minutes ago....soil settled nicely around the bottom half of the bulb...Glad I went ahead and planted them yesterday even tho I was ready to just sit down and relax for a while...DH tilled me up another row yesterday since I have one more box of 25 coming in next week..When I get the bed ready I will show you guys a few pics...I have about 20 daylilies im thinking about planting them behind the irises, then again, I have a LG bed started down the side yard next to the woods may plant daylilies there...Wonder how they would work planted amongst those irises to keep the grass down? Would this crowd the irises? Just wondering...

Hope everyone in the flood areas are ok... My prayers go out to all the those people who have lost their family members and all their possessions in this flood....Trish

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

We were doing the back stroke for a few days but good now. My internet goes in and out when it's raining hard but, today got sunshine. Got to go plant a few things that I should have done earlier, but waited for the mud to get a little less wet. Will plant later this evening as it cools for the day, and maybe it will be dryer. This red clay just packs if you plant wet. I have to dig and put in potting soil around the plants. Well, back later. Take care everyone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.