June in Montana RU near Glacier Park.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

The PNW round up is being planned at my home and garden in Montana. I am thinking around the second or third weekend of June. We are planning visits to Glacier Park, Several Nurseries, Hot springs, Sailing and Canoeing on Flathead Lake and probably an evening at one of the three Playhouses in the area. Everyone in the area needs to think about a trip to the "Last great place" and relax and play next June.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I can't come the second weekend - my youngest son's high school graduation. Hope we can make it the third weekend instead!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

It probably will be the third weekend because my DW gets out of work on the 11 for the summer. It can even be the last weekend but I did not want to interfere with the 4th of July plans. Our Summer doesnt usually start until July 5th and I have seen snow on the 4th. But the last 8 or so 'global warming' years we have had perfect weather all through June. 70's and lows in the 40's at night.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

You and your wife are so generous to offer your home to all of us. Talk about hospitality!!!

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

I am totally game as long as we get the date set ahead of time! I love that area, and would love to be able to spend a few days enjoying it! Have never had the time to dwaddle there!

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Tracy and I are in, too. I've wanted to visit Montana, and Tracy has been there and loved it. :)

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

I would love a Montana round up! But I am usually at the Diamond J for conferences and so forth during the first couple of weeks of June. I might be able to make the third weekend, but I could come for sure the last weekend.

By then I should have located my Superwoman button again and be roaring along with some real energy!!!

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Let us know what we can do to help you and your wife, Soferdig. Joey has to put in for vacation the first of the year, so let us know the dates you choose, anything works for us.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

I will plan to come along with Rarejem. We are really looking forward to it, and that time of year is usually a good one for a break here.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Sounds like a great plan. I will definitely try . . .

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Dates are: June 25th-28th. Kalispell Montana. Lets just shop each for a meal when you get to the house or whatever you want. We have Costco and even grocery stores. Lets start a list o who can come and we will plan accordingly.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm definitely in with or without DH. I'll bring Bernard Callabeaut chocolate which will go with any meal ^_^

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Now your talking Dahlia! We have wanted you down South for a long time. I will schedule you for the Canadian Suite. Glad your comming. Tell your DH that we men need numbers to overcome the "estrogen" influence that will arrive. Glad your comming!
Our elk are tall here. I am standing under this one. LOL

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Isn't that you right beside the handsome one?

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

We Bulls stand apart never next to each other. Even handsome ones.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

What? LOL

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Just nod and smile, Willow. ;)

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

OK^_^

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I assumed that she was talking about me standing next to the Bull Elk. Oh well, Maybe not. LOL

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

If you look at that picture just right, it looks as if it has two heads. Made up of the left ear and eye and the pinkish thing looks like a tongue. I was just trying to be funny.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Since my life stretches ahead of me now in one long "what will I do now other than find a way to support myself" existence, count me in!

I will want to be traveling with my dog but am game to join up with someone or take on an extra passenger in my truck.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Your dog is soooooo welcome. We have 3 acres of fenced in loqatious playground for all of them. Welcome Summer! We today now have snow fall this morning with sun coming out as a welcome to fall. Beautiful day here.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful picture.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous colors.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I love our fall garden. We have so many colors I think we peak in mid October.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Of course in June when you are here there are the Columbine.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

That is beautiful. Are you home now for awhile?

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I forgot to put in picture.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Love that red/white columbine.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Very pretty columbines.

I was there once in October. It was really pretty and the drive over was just gorgeous.

My pups will be happy to hear they don't have to wait in the car!

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Steve, any chance of collecting some seeds of your columbine for me? They are beautiful.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

We always do and scatter them each year. Next year we will. We have many columbines.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

What a beautiful collection of columbines! I do hope we can come see them. We might be able to make the trek to Montana in June, it depends on a number of factors that will not be apparent until the time comes closer.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Beautious collage sof!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

How do you do those collages? Please.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

My favorite and easiest one is "Picasa" a free download from internet. It is very easy and you can add all or only 2 of your pictures. Get it it is a great program!
This is one just before the snow fell.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful pic. Thanks for the info.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

OK the final unchanging date for the arrival in Kalispell is June 18-22, 2010. Anyone arriving earlier can help set up and make the garden beautiful, and anyone staying later can help clean up. Both Rocky Mountain and Pacific NW people will be here. The Best of The Best.
Just to set the flavor of summer this is a picture taken 2 weeks ago out my window.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

This sounds like soo much fun, Soferdig! I don't know, yet, if we can come. Andrew will be graduating in the middle of June, and we're doing a 3 week sailing trip just after, up to Barkeley Sound. Doesn't sound good in terms of timing.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Enjoy the sailing. Barkley Sound is my favorite place to kayak in the world. Gilbert Island was my favorite camp. Easy access to sea caves, outside fishing, Crab pots, inside oysters, and best of all log jams with lots of exploring. I especially loved the outside facing toilet with no door. You views of the sunset are fantastic from there.

Thumbnail by Soferdig

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.